Gig Posters

Posters: 155619 | Bands: 135529 | Designers: 11506                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default Stoked to go analog but stuck at color placement on the film

Rewind – I want to go analog – well, mostly. My scanned keyline will be printed, digitally, onto film. But I can't seem to get through the next step.
    Here’s the confusion - I have ink drawings I would like to add color to and screenprint on paper. I’ve read zillions of posts and websites but I am still perplexed about one thing. Let’s say I want a 4-color print and 2 of the colors are not “outlined” by the key line drawing. How the hell can I assure I am drawing the 2 colors in the right place on the film? Do you peeps map the colors out before you create your films? Do you wing it, with no plan, and create the piece as if it is a painting you are doing for the first time? Personally, I feel the need to have a fairly good idea of how the final print will look before I approach the seps. I just don’t get how to translate that whole picture to all of films, by hand. I’m excited to use film pens and rubylith but feel like an idiot cuz I can’t quite get my head around the whole process.

Premium Member

Comments

get the blackline (keyline) film, and then put some register bullseyes on it.

Stick you next peice of film over top and you can just draw in you next colour with opaque pen, or get some rubylith and cut it (comes already on a backing sheet.

just do this for each successive film, always line them up to the bullseyes and tape down and check after that everything traps.

if you have colour areas that are not on the keyline, put down some paper on top of the keyline (but so you can still see the keyline - backlit table is nice), draw them in, then put the keyline on top and your film on top of that, then trace your area.

Just do it. After a few goes, you will figure out a working method, and figure what materials work best.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member

Comments

Thank you!! Adding paper to the top then moving it to the bottom of the keyline was exactly the tip I needed. Thank you, thank you. ps. I ordered Screen Printing Today, today. Looking forward to getting that.