Gig Posters

Posters: 156255 | Bands: 135961 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Cool Kansas City Design Week wants to do a gigposter show and NEEDS your input!

Hi all!

You probably don't remember me but I used to stalk these boards regularly. Then a life-crippling addiction to Facebook and Twitter took over and now I just creep on occasion.

Since leaving these fair lands I've become the Director of Kansas City Design Week, a week-long celebration of design that last year included Ellen Lupton, Hatch Show Print, and Jeremy Madl. It was rad.

This year I want to do a gigposters show and preferably a gigposters sale. As part of it we'd also screen Died Young Stayed Pretty.

The question is, how would you want sales handled? I'd love for the show part to be more of a gallery-style show in a rock venue with a DJ. Not a multiple-booth Flatstock style event. So, would you want to send a few posters, have some sold at a merch booth and have the agreed on profits paypal-ed back to you? Not sell anything at all and just show your work? I fear the book=keeping involved in tracking sales for possibly as many as 40 artists.

Thoughts? Feedback? Cool ideas?
    ----
    AWESOME>>www.biklopsdesign.com
    tweet? >>@biklops

Premium Member

Comments

Step one... don't show Died Young Stay Pretty. Show Just Like Being There instead.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Yup.

Premium Member

Comments

yep

Premium Member

Comments

^ yep

Also doing the book keeping is probably an inevitable pain in the butt with this. That said, this sounds cool and I'd totally send some prints if you were interested...

Premium Member

Comments

Thanks guys! I was just reading about Just Like Being There just now—I'll contact them.

Would you guys want the unsold shipped back? Is it fair to say that shit can't happen—or take money out of a dude's profits to do it? Honestly—just want to be fair and cool with everyone by knowing what expectations would be up-front.
    ----
    tweet? >>@biklops

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

If someone was taking a commission on sales of my prints, but then not including return shipping in their services to me, I would not work with them.

If they were not taking a commission, and were returning to me the total gross sales of my work, then I would consider it reasonable to deduct return shipping from the profits if any.

Premium Member

Comments

Cool—thanks Dan!

Yeah, I haven't decided yet if sales should/would partly benefit KCDW or not. This is all great feedback though and I think with that I can start booking the movie, DJ, space and begin a call for artists.
    ----
    tweet? >>@biklops

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by lil_tuffy View Post
    Step one... don't show Died Young Stay Pretty. Show Just Like Being There instead.
    my favorite part about Died Young Stayed Pretty is that its so nonsensical and incoherent it actually loops itself all the way back around to being almost Warhol'ian cinema, thus it is unintentionally outsider meta art about an almost related artform.
    Last edited by danieldanger; 08-22-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Whatevz dnldngr