Gig Posters

Posters: 154832 | Bands: 134967 | Designers: 11470                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default Raw: Mixology poster

I've illustrating a good many years. Done tees, deck designs and some editorial work and a short comic or two published. I've always loved the art of the gig posters but never really had the opportunity to do one. Recently I partnered up with "Raw: natural born artist" and they do a monthly show that has illustrators, photographers, fashion designers and musical acts. They put on a big show with art, live music and at the end of the night a fashion show. Very cool experience. For the July event with they titled Mixology, I was asked created the poster for it. The main challenge wasn't so much doing the illustration but to put in all the type without cluttering up the image. Any feedback on the way the type was handled or what could have been done better is welcomed.
    Hopefully I can do more gig posters, maybe some with less type.

Comments

I love the work. But I believe this can still get better. I think you have to make the text come out in the upper portion like what you did with the gorilla. Because from the one above, it seems to blend with the background.