Gig Posters

Posters: 155580 | Bands: 135505 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default advice for printing on paper (underbase or not?)

hi,
    i haven't screenprinted paper for a while now, a friend asked me to print for him and i have to do this (see image)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i wonder if i should print a white underbase or not? i'm not sure to get enough opacity with the inks.
    plus there's a lot of butt-to-butt and it's a big print, any advice not to get off registration?

Premium Member

Comments

Are you printing on Colored paper? Depends on how opaque you get the inks, really. Run tests. You can mix the colors lighter than they should be, and the paper will darken them to hopefully the correct color.

Also- Butt- to -butt is lame- do the trapping for him if he can't figure it out, and then charge for the service.
    Yes. That is me wearing a Borat thong in my avatar.

My Portfolio site-
    www.mrdoyle.com
    My Retail site
    www.nakatomiinc.com

yep i print on colored paper. i do the trapping, only 3 pixels trapping because it must be tight, a lot of the elements only are less than 1/2 inch big.

Comments

Since it's small and all the colors are analogous I would just full trap everything with your lightest gray.

so finally i did an underbase with my lightest gray but i still have 4 colors to print butt to butt