Gig Posters

Posters: 156255 | Bands: 135962 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default nazdar 5900 enamel clogging screen

I am printing on unprimed sanded wood with enamel that i have thinned out with the varnish. The issue is that the ink seems to start thickening after 2 uses and clogging the screen. The ink is a couple years old and i'm not sure if that is an issue also. Anyone have a similar experience?

to be more specific its 5912 gloss white.

Comments

The 59000 series has 5 numbers in their names. Are you using 59122? What do you mean by thinned out with varnish? What kind of varnish? If it's stored in a metal (not plastic) container it should last a long time. What does 2 uses mean? Do you mean 2 pulls of the squeegee? What mesh count are you using?

This is a super easy ink to use and if it's clogging your screen something you are doing is wrong.

Premium Member

Comments

if you didn't clean the wood of the sanding residue, this could be mixing with the ink/sticking to the screen.

We used to get 'mixing varnish', but you need to also thin the ink with mineral spirits/turpentine or whatever thinner they sell.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

thanks, 2 uses is 2 pulls, the varnish is the thinning varnish and i added mineral spirits as well. and i do think its the wood/dust that is the culprit. i used an air compressor to get rid of the dust but it doesn't get it all. i switched to acrylic for the wood part but will be using the enamel for the pvc pieces i need to print as well. hopefully that goes well. i am an experienced printer but enamel is new to me. thanks again

Premium Member

Comments

tack rag
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Seal the wood with varnish first. Some varnishes are alcohol based and not mineral spirits base. Really there should be no need to add varnish to the 59000 at all. Just add the spirits.