Gig Posters

Posters: 154807 | Bands: 134864 | Designers: 11468                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Anyone Printing 4 Up?

Any of you guys printing 4 up or block of 4 prints on 1 sheet and cutting afterward? Im being pressured to print in this fashion and not having much success. My print size is 24x36 and paper is uncoated 26x40 130 lb cover. So the page is getting 4 prints 11.5x 17.75 or so. Paper being unstable aside, I think the film coming off a roll through an epson 7890 may be another variable thats giving me trouble. Large traps abound but unfortunately tight registration is inevitable. What Im looking for is a good argument against printing 4 up. Or am I just being too much of a pussy?

Comments

We just finished printing 2 sided 4 up. You can do it. Prerack your paper and place the hardest to register art farthest from the reg corner if possible.

You need to figure out why your epson is giving you reg problems though. That's not a good way to start. My first advice is to always print the art work in the same orientation. Rotating the image may yield different results. Next is don't print from a roll straight out of the box. Open open the box and let the film adjust to the humidity of the studio. Make sure your printer feed wheels are working properly adjustment their might be needed.

Premium Member

Comments

simple test on the film...does it line up?

screens - all the same tension? Big enough?

measure the image on the screen and compare to the film.

same squeegees? if you shift to a smaller set for spot colour, the screen/image will distort when compared to another squeegee set.

What exactly is not lining up? printed image to film? print to print? You can check your paper shrinkage by measuring the distance between your register marks just after printing, and then a few hours later. Do it in both directions.

inks - are they drying in as you are running the job? If you get a buildup and the ink thickens over the run, it will stretch the print

register marks - are you running them so you can see what/where/how much it's out?

Maybe try 2 up if you can't do 4 up, you can work and turn so you just keep going at the end of the run, no stopping to shift register.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.