Gig Posters

Posters: 156375 | Bands: 135980 | Designers: 11549                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Hybrid View

Question Epson 1400 Won't print Greyscale

Ok... so this one has got me completely stumped and any advice you all might have would be much appreciated!

I have an Epson 1400 and I am running Photoshop CS4, recently our studio got a brand new imac, which is what I am trying to print transparencies on.

I am going through and selecting all of the print settings that I normally do with my Macbook and get really good quality, black transparencies, like "ultra photo premium photo glossy paper", "greyscale", and "quality instead of speed" but ALL of my films come out looking magenta. I can't get it to print in greyscale for the life of me.

What is really frustrating is that it works on my personal laptop, and the PC laptop of a friend, but not our brand new nice imac...

Any thoughts? I am thinking it is just some stupid setting, but I have spent about four hours playing with settings and can't seem to get anything to change what comes out... it all looks magenta.

Thanks,

Michelle
    Articulate Ink

Comments

Are you selecting the 1400 drivers specifically from the print dialog box or choosing format for "Any Printer". Is your file actually a greyscale file or are you making the printer force it into greyscale.

Ok, just in case anyone has this problem in the future, it turns out the problem was
    With the driver. I had to install an open source driver called gutenprint and now it works
    Fine.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Premium Member
    Comments

ink.articulate wrote: "...<snip some stuff> it turns out the problem was
    With the driver. I had to install an open source driver called gutenprint and now it works
    Fine. "

I have been puzzling over the same issue and could not find anything, anywhere, on the net. Epson and Apple sites offered bupkus. Thanks, ink.articulate and GP.
    Hank

Thank you so much for the post.