Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135217 | Designers: 11482                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Digital Printing vs. Screen Printing

I'm new to designing gig posters, and I'm wondering what the difference is between doing digital prints vs. getting my poster screen printed. I know screen printed ones will look a lot better, but at this point I can't really afford getting a run of posters screen printed. At least from the online shops I have found. And finding a local screen printer seems like it isn't going to happen. (I live in Taipei, and printers either don't go for screen printing or the the language barrier is keeping me from finding a shop that does it.) So my question is; is it worth doing a run of digitally printed posters and selling the prints? If I put a digitally printed poster up on gigposters.com, would anyone even buy one? Assuming they actually like the design, of course.

Comments

If you plan on going the digital (offset) print route than don't expect to sell any. If you would be creating them to slap up on a pole to promote a show you are authorize for than it'd be fine.

My strong suggestion is to buy a Speedball screen printing kit, such as this one: http://www.amazon.com/Speedball-Delu.../dp/B000B9NAPW If you buy a kit you could make prints on your kitchen table. Plus, this could save you a ton of money and you could get good at it. Then, purchase a real press. As long as you are patient with the process and yourself you will be grateful you gave it a whirl.

Premium Member

Comments

and for more tips on screenprinting on a budget, support these Twin Citizens: Screen Printing: On the Cheap Book by Screen Printing On The Cheap — Kickstarter

Comments

Thanks for the info. Truly appreciated. I was just about to go to the printer and get some done. Saves me from throwing that money away.

Would I be able to get larger screens to work with that kit? The posters I have designed are much larger than 10x14.