Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135960 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default Safe to 'Plaque' Silkscreen poster? Suggestions of mounting?

I cannot find anything about this online, so I thought I would post here and see what you guys think.
    How do you guys mount your posters? I was thinking of mounting some of my silkscreened posters on a plaques, but was not sure if it would be safe or not. They also give you the option of matting over the the top, which I feel would take away from the look/finish, so I was considering plaquing without the matting. This would make the surface more fragile to touch yes, but would show well. Thoughts?

Comments

If you want to ruin your posters then go for it. Just tacking them on the wall would be better for them than that.

Comments

Just stop brushing them.

Is there anyone on here that has experience doing this or something similar? what do you mean stop brushing them?
    I was hoping for a little more detail. Why would it ruin them squeeq? Have you seen this done?

Comments

permanently mounting art to something ruins it's value.

I was not asking about preserving it's value, I was simply asking if it is safe to do so. As long as the plaque process does not distort the image in any way, and will preserve it's condition, I will be happy.

Premium Member

Comments

Put them in a poster frame behind glass. Putting a coating over the top will effect their appearance - if the artist wanted a coating they would have put a varnish layer on it already.

Again, I agree.. which is why I mentioned the plaque without the finish over top. Simply the image overtop of a plaque. I do not want the image under glass, this would take away from its vibrancy. Ideally I would like to plaque it if its safe to do so, if not then most likely framed with no glass or any other suggestions.

Premium Member

Comments

I doubt if it would be "unsafe" to do so if the paper is thick enough and the adhesive is of an archival quality. Some adhesives may discolor the paper over time and may even dissolve it. Depending on the thickness and quality of the paper, a liquid adhesive may cause wrinkles. I'd call a poster of art restoration service and see what products they use. In the name of preserving the appearance of the original, I'd consider other methods of display than permanent mounting.