Gig Posters

Posters: 156034 | Bands: 135785 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default FAS italian semi auto press, anyone got an idea?

Weíve been offered (as a donation but thereís a hefty transportation cost) an old 120 x 160 cm. semi auto from an italian brand called FAS. I donít have any more info on the press and I canít find much info online so does anyone know if it it could be a good deal?

Premium Member

Comments

Is it running? Go check it out before you take it. Old but maintained is fine, but old and fucked up is a drag.

I don't know the brand. SIAS, ARGON, MAC, they are the main graphic presses I know from Italy.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Hi Andy, yeah the guy said he’d been using it up until recently printing fine art but now upgraded to a new machine. It’s too far away to go check out (in Trondheim, we’re in Oslo), guess I’ll try to squeeze some more info out of the owner.

Are italian presses from the 80’s usually good machines?

Premium Member

Comments

Some are. the problem is wear, maintenence, and broken parts. If the manufacturer is not around, and the machine is showing its age, you better be a handy mechanic and good at welding and metalworking.

the fact the guy is dumping it and has a new press tells me it must be well used.

the advantage of older presses is they have simpler systems and not a lot of digital electronics. Although they were starting to change in the 80's. It's like a car from that era.

Can't the guy take some pictures or some video? that at least will tell you what it looks like/condition/maintanence

Remember too, if you are considering this one, then look around Europe or the nearby countries and see if there are other presses. I just picked up a sweet Theime 1020 and UV dryer for $5k. You live in the land of good screenpresses. If that deal was out there, there may be more.

How's your German? check with http://www.eickmeyer.com/12-04-2012-englisch.pdf - they may know more about the FAS machine.
    Andymac

Todo es empezar.

Comments

I've been keeping a late 80's Italian press going now for the last 15 years. Each year it get's harder and harder to service. I do most of the servicing myself.

Premium Member

Comments

new SIAS are awesome, but they are mostly selling multi colour inlines now.

D&L run a SIAS. their work speaks for itself.

Here's a question Luther...if you could get a new press, what would it be?
    Andymac

Todo es empezar.

Comments

If I had to replace the Sias it would be with another Sias I think. I'm not sure if there new ones are still solid steel though. The sheer weight of the all steel print carriage allows me to do things I cannot do on my M&R saturn.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post
    If I had to replace the Sias it would be with another Sias I think. I'm not sure if there new ones are still solid steel though. The sheer weight of the all steel print carriage allows me to do things I cannot do on my M&R saturn.
    Such as? That's really intriguing...

Comments

Such as really coarse canvas. Our saturn does't do nearly as good a job. Keep in mind we are print at 5'x4' but even on small pieces of canvas the Sias does a better job.