Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135806 | Designers: 11531                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Screenprinted books (not art books -- just text)

Hey folks,

Our next big project is publishing a book of poetry for one of our friends. In addition to screenprinting the covers, we'll have a handful of copies in which all of the inner pages will be screenprinted as well.

Have any of you done this sort of thing? We're going with a beat-up typewriter-style font ('My Underwood' 10pt if you're curious), so any minor flaws won't jump out at the reader, but are there any other gotchas we should be looking out for?

Seems like it's just the same as any other print job, but I was curious to know how common this sort of thing was around these parts.

Cheers!

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Print as fast as you can, with a sharp squeegee and a tight screen. There's no reason for dryout to begin if you keep everything rolling.

Comments

Watch out for paper creep (the stair stepping on the edges of folding paper) during the folding / binding / trim process. I would fold up a full size dummy (blank) and see how the pages creep before hand and take that into account when laying it out.

Premium Member

Comments

Bongout in Germany do this, as well as others.

Print your crop marks and bullseyes, and when you flip the pages, you can use a pushpin on your setup sheets to make sure the two sides of the sheet are aligned. if the paper is thin you can hold it up to backlighting to check.

10pt? easy peasy
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Andymac View Post
    Bongout in Germany do this, as well as others.

Print your crop marks and bullseyes, and when you flip the pages, you can use a pushpin on your setup sheets to make sure the two sides of the sheet are aligned. if the paper is thin you can hold it up to backlighting to check.

10pt? easy peasy
    This is a great idea! I've been printing a good deal of double sided business cards, wedding invites, etc. lately. I've been measuring the distance from the edge of the paper to the registration mark lines and drawing lines on a sheet of paper to line them up with on the front and back. It works, but I bet the push pin idea is quicker.

Premium Member

Comments

Another trick that helps is to place your 2 register side marks in front of you, and your stop tab to the side.

run your first side.

when you line up your second side, actually register your screen to the printed image and crops on the first side. this will allow you to get your placement dropping along your x axis. then you only have to switch your side register tab to the other side and move it until it is lined up side to side (y axis). (push pin through on your centre line) If you print your first side centered, your adjustment will be minimal.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

mind blowing secrets in hurr

Comments

Amazing! Thanks for all the info, guys.

Andy, the push pin trick made my head pop. Never would have thought of that in a million years!

Comments

Amazing! Thanks for all the info, guys.

Andy, the push pin trick made my head pop. Never would have thought of that in a million years!

Comments

Andy rooolz