Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11482                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Comments

Default I want to screen print this image, but need pre-orders to make it happen...

I have had some some success with selling screenprinted posters before, but it seems I cannot find a company to sell them and put the money up for me like last time. any suggestions? I was thinking of doing a limited print run of just 50 or so, and it shouldn't be too much since it's only two colors... The ART OF MARK LONE...: "LIGHTBEAM"
    thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me...
    -Mark

Premium Member

Comments

kickstarter.com

Premium Member

Comments

if you're looking to get preorder sales on your page, you may want to change the text where you state that 10 will be printed if you really plan on printing 50.

hit up your friends for $20 each, then source out the printing to a print shop. half and half can do 50 2-color 18" x 24" prints for about $180.

Comments

Mark, your work is rad. Do yourself a favor and learn to print stuff yourself. It's cathartic.

Comments

Simple print, it would take a morning to edition.

Comments

yeah problem is, we just did a kickstarter for a comic book (it went really well!) that we are going to submit to image comics, so I would rather try to get preorders rather than hit everbody up for a kickstarter every time I have a new picture to print, yknow? I would have a new kickstarter every 2 days! haha! is there a good forum or place I can market this to get 10 or even 50 preorders that you guys know? facebook doesn't seem to be working as it usually does.
    -thanks

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by marklone View Post
    is there a good forum or place I can market this to get 10 or even 50 preorders that you guys know?
    http://expressobeans.com/

Comments

I been trying al morning to post over there, but it seems they are having some problems with their site... by the way, I just sold a preorder to someone in australia!!!!
    and so it begins...

Comments

WHy don't you just save back some funds on each sale you make to pay forward and invest in your next print? Seems logical to me. Then you could print when you wanted to and then sell them and people would get them immediately, not pre-sale.

Comments

that would be all fine if anybody would buy anything, my art sales have dropped off a cliff in the last month. not sure why, maybe it's the economy, or I am just not marketing right...