Gig Posters

Posters: 156383 | Bands: 135985 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Water-based ink. On wood. Pantone matching?

The print shop I work for is primarily an offset shop, but we
    do screen printing here and there. Mostly on wood.

We are currently searching for a water-based ink
    that is light fast and has some sort of formula for
    matching to Pantone colors.

I've exhausted google with this inquiry and came up
    with nothing.

If anybody has any recommendations it would be
    much appreciated.

Thanks!

Nicholas

Comments

There is no great Pantone Ink system for WB screenprinting. We match pantones everyday by having most (but not all) of TW graphics inks on hand. There are very light fast. You need to have most the basic colors from the first 4 pages of any pantone book plus white and base. It's not really hard to match a Pantone chip it just requires a little practice.
    There are some systems out there more specific to pantone matching but I have heard such mixed reviews that I prefer to do it the old fashioned way with an ink I like.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post
    There is no great Pantone Ink system for WB screenprinting. We match pantones everyday by having most (but not all) of TW graphics inks on hand. There are very light fast. You need to have most the basic colors from the first 4 pages of any pantone book plus white and base. It's not really hard to match a Pantone chip it just requires a little practice.
    There are some systems out there more specific to pantone matching but I have heard such mixed reviews that I prefer to do it the old fashioned way with an ink I like.
    I've noticed that there are a lot of colors you can mix right out of the PMS book formulas with TW inks and get pretty close then tweak them just a bit to dial em in. The other thing I did recently is start mixing up my own Mixing white, that has help immensely for mixing colors that are heavy with white. Why TW doesn't have a PMS matching system is beyond me. I can mix up a UV color with the Nazdar matching system in less than two minutes and 95% of the time it's dead on.

Premium Member

Comments

TW 5000 or 5500 works great on wood. matching pantone colours is pretty easy, just look at the portions, try an ink smear first, then mix a container. Remember too, whatever colour your customer specs, it will be near impossible to hit with the wood colour influencing the finished colour.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.