Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135201 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Epson Stylus Pro 7700?

Has anyone used this printer for film output or know anything about it? Good/bad? There is a $750 instant rebate on them until the end of March....thinking about getting one. My Epson 1400 is great for small stuff but I really want to have the ability to output 18x24 and being able to get one for under $1800 right now seems like the time to do it. I've been keeping my eye out for a used 7600, but nothing has been showing up near me. It seems like they are marketing this one towards the engineering drawings and POP display markets.

What do you guys think, will this one work pretty much as well as any other large format Epson for films?

Comments

It will work fine for your needs. The only concern I would have is that it is 3 generations old (but I'm using the 7600/9600 line). It's already been replaced by the 7890 and 7900

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post
    It will work fine for your needs. The only concern I would have is that it is 3 generations old (but I'm using the 7600/9600 line). It's already been replaced by the 7890 and 7900
    Thanks for the response! The 7890 and 7900 both have pretty good rebates on them right now too...but are still at just over $2000 and $2500 respectively. Would the concern about it being a later model come from the risk of ink being harder to find, or risk of them discontinuing the ink? Like you said, you're still running a 7600/9600 and I know people that are still using a 3000. An extra $200 to step up to the 7890 isn't that big of a deal....but at the same time I'm just getting going and cash is king....the more I can keep in my pocket for other things the better. Hmm....

Yeah, what about the 3000? It print 17" wide. It print good

Comments

Nothing wrong with the 3000 if it's working for you! That was sort of my point...

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gein View Post
    Nothing wrong with the 3000 if it's working for you! That was sort of my point...
    Oh, well...you seem to be focused on the much newer models and the 3000 is cheap, you can find them for $300. Wasn't sure if you wanted a newer printer for a specific reason. Andymac mentioned he had a 3000 lying around that he would let go for shipping - maybe he still has it?

Comments

Yeah, I am focused on a newer model. I want something that can print 24" wide. And I don't want to deal with older/used printers that might be more of a pain in the ass with driver/compatibility issues and clogged heads, etc. than a new printer will be. It's worth it to me to pay more to not have as much of those issues. I really don't have time to deal with all that. But like I said, if it's working for you then it's working for you! I have seen films printed on a 3000, they were great. Just not what I'm looking for right now.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a 7890 today...