Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135806 | Designers: 11531                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Watermark/Invisible Ink for printers. Where can I get it?

I'm looking for 'watermark' and or invisible ink (Mainly for inkjet printers). That only shows up when held to a light source. For example say I printed trees on a white sheet of paper, and when I held said image up to a light source, a sun would appear, or an image that was otherwise invisible. I've looked around and also herd things about photo emulsion (have no idea how this relates to watermarks), screenprinting, and stamps with regards to watermarks. Any and all help/suggestions appreciated.

Comments

True watermarks are made when the paper is made. The image is made in relief on the screen used for making the paper and as the liquidy paper pulp settles it forms thinner areas of paper around the mark. These areas let more light through as they are thinner. There is no way to print this effect. I have faked it in the past buy scoring the water mark image with an exacto and peeling off a layer of paper. You can get a chop made to emboss the paper that is about the closest thing to printing a water mark.

Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post
    True watermarks are made when the paper is made. The image is made in relief on the screen used for making the paper and as the liquidy paper pulp settles it forms thinner areas of paper around the mark. These areas let more light through as they are thinner. There is no way to print this effect. I have faked it in the past buy scoring the water mark image with an exacto and peeling off a layer of paper. You can get a chop made to emboss the paper that is about the closest thing to printing a water mark.
    A chop? Can you elaborate?

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Spotted Zebra View Post
    A chop? Can you elaborate?
    THE COMPANY SEAL DESK PRESS

Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post
    Is this a type of machine? Or stamp? I'm confused as to exactly what this might be, but if its capable of producing watermarks I'd like more information if you please

Quote Originally Posted by clinttw View Post
    it embosses.
    That much is clear now lol, but what is it?!

Comments

Its like a stamp but without any ink.

Premium Member

Comments

it's the cold without the warm.

Comments

It's the moon without the stars.