Gig Posters

Posters: 156383 | Bands: 135985 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Default Chicago: ARRIVER record release show Saturday at The Hideout

OK listen up all you people of Chicago. My band ARRIVER is playing a release show for our new LP "Tsushima" this Saturday night, February 25th, at the Hideout, 1354 W. Wabansia. Attendance is mandatory.

The new record, 4 years in the making, is an epic retelling of the Battle of Tsushima in epic progmetalartgrindpunksludgecore form, complete with roman numerals and a spoken part in actual Russian. I flatter myself to say that it f'n rules and will blow your pubes off. At the show we will play the album in its entirety. The official release date is March 13th but we will have it available at the show. The LP comes packaged in a lavish 7-color screenprinted, diecut gatefold sleeve by Crosshair, and includes a download. Pics shortly.

You can stream the whole thing here:
    http://soundcloud.com/arriver/sets

Opening the show are The Swan King and Anatomy Of Habit, no slouches either.
    If ever I've said something positive about one of your posters, offered print advice, put on a Flatstock you attended, etc... you can get me one back by coming to this show, getting ripped, yelling, and buying our record.

Premium Member

Comments

for those of us that try to minimize the amount of time that we stand alone in crowded places, what time are you expected to go on?

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Probably 11-ish.

Check out some actual love from this week's Reader:
    Arriver, Anatomy of Habit, Swan King | Hideout | Rock, Pop, Etc | Chicago Reader

A vibrant and intellectually restless progressive metal band founded in 2004 by brothers Dan and Rob Sullivan, Arriver specializes in producing what are more or less books in musical form. The local four-piece's debut, the 2006 full-length Vanlandingham and Zone, was practically an epic sci-fi novel, complete with elaborate world building—which was allegedly inspired when a piece of voice-recognition software pulled a creepy ghost-in-the-machine routine and spontaneously generated the core text of that world's mythology. Their follow-up, the 2010 EP Simon Mann, was all about a failed 2004 coup in Equatorial Guinea, led by the British mercenary whose name gives the record its title. And this show is a release party for the amazing new Tsushima (Bloodlust!), a retelling of a 1905 naval battle during the Russo-Japanese war that all but destroyed the Russian fleet, which had been weakened by a voyage around Africa. Arriver seem to acknowledge the courage and perseverance involved in such a battle with their eruptions, interludes, and grand pillars of riffage, but their sonic fury rests on an undercurrent of righteous anger provoked by the tragedy and futility of war. It's a testament to the genius of this band that they can turn a subject you might dismiss as interesting only to military-history nerds and war gamers into something that can grab you by the throat—at least if you can use your head and bang it at the same time. —Monica Kendrick

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    If ever I've said something positive about one of your posters, offered print advice, put on a Flatstock you attended, etc... you can get me one back by coming to this show, getting ripped, yelling, and buying our record.
    Can I do 3/4?
    bakerprints.com | BP GP | BP twatter | BP facespace
    Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    Kyle travels through time to help people. What the fuck do you do?

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

You will remain 1/4 in debt to me.

Premium Member

Comments

kyle had already planned of getting ripped and yelling saturday night. i'm curious whether he's adding going to the show or buying the record to bump it up to 3/4

Premium Member

Comments

Not in Chicago but looking forward to picking up the record via mailorder. Will you be selling it directly?

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Yes, selling directly from the Crosshair site. And GP classified too.

Comments

I've got a family function earlier in the night but I'll do my best to get out for the show. Either way I need to grab a record.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Bump for the morning.