Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135201 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot(ish) pink

Default Hot(ish) pink

I've searched with not much luck.

I have a print coming up on blue raspberry paper and the client wants me to get as close to hot pink as I can on one layer. I know I can print white and dry and then put the pink on top but I cannot find a source for hot pink ink and the print needs to be done by Thursday...

Will Tempera paints work? Will fluorescent fabric ink work? Will mixing red, white, magenta, and a dab of purple work?

Thanks fellas!

Comments

Over print florescent pink on white. Often florescent pink goes by the name aurora pink.
    You should be able to find this color. It's pretty common. I would stay clear of tempera as it scuffs. You can use an air-dry fabric ink... sure. You will not be able to get a hot pink from red and white.

Well, for the next bum who searches this on the archives: Get a tube of "light magenta" acrylic paint from the art supply and mix that to 3 parts paint, 1 part speedball white. It came out really well against the French Blue-Raspberry I was printing on. Not quite fluorescent but close.

Premium Member

Comments

TW Rocket Red will get you there too.

Comments

Rocket Red is pretty orange, Neon red is the cooler of those two.

I recently completed a t-shirt job that required hot pink that glowed in a blacklight and learned a whole lot more about fluorescent inks than I ever wanted to. Here are two options for you, both from Atlas Screen in Schiller Park, IL. Sericol TexCharge, meant for use as a discharge ink on shirts and textiles but you can use it as a normal waterbased ink on paper, no problem. I used Magenta - it looks hot pink to me. Below, one is fluorescent (glows in black light) and one is not.

TC-154 Magenta Discharge $23.78/quart

TC-139 Fluorescent Magenta Discharge $28.97/quart

Comments

Dayglo pigment powders DayGlo | World Of Color look around
    just add their pigments to any base. I use Nazdar 5500 clear base and add 30% pigment.. but i think its a hazardous ship so ad $28 to the cost of shipping.

Comments

Nazdar has fluorescent pigments as well

Comments

TW "Aurora Pink". I don't suggest doing flo-pink powder with clear base. I don't find it to be as bright. It takes a ton of powder to get it to were you don't have to do triple passes and it's a general pain in the ass. --Stalions (not Mike)

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

I've used the Speedball acryllic fabric flo pink quite a few times. The main problem is that 1 out of every 3 jars I have bought were basically solid.