Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135803 | Designers: 11530                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Wiring help for American Tempo 38

So I just picked up this American Tempo 38 on the cheap and the electronics panel was not bolted in properly, needless to say it fell out in transit and busted or pulled some wires loose to the controls. Does anyone have one of these machines and can take a pic of their wiring...got a diagram from gpi-parts but it might as well be in Russian and its labeled horribly. Btw I have a new vacuum switch since in the photo its missing. Thanks to anyone who might be able to help out.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Comments

Is it shut down completely or just somethings aren't working. Best to get yourself a multimeter and start tracing connections. Also those relays, the clearish plastic boxes on the left of your picture have a tendency to wiggle free. Yank them out and shove them back in.

Comments

Well if you can see in the photo the power switch is one of the controls the wiring came out of and I think its the wires labeled 1 and 2 that go to it (but I could be wrong and am not really sure which is pos/neg - same with the control itself) so I the press won't even turn on without that hooked up. The vacuum turns on when the machine is plugged in which is weird since there is no switch, I think the guy before bypassed it to always run unless the carriage is in the up position.

Comments

I wouldn't worry too much about miss connecting a two-pole toggle switch. Worst that is likely to happen is that it turns on when in the off position, then you just need to switch the two wires. Or the whole press explodes. Either way it's worth the risk.

Premium Member

Comments

so there are only the 3 wires loose? if those 2 only reach the power switch, then logic......

are the two with the blue joined? they look like they are from the missing vac switch

find the other missing teminal for that 3rd wire.

try it.

if it smokes, unplug it.

Yeah, and go over all the connections and plug ins, wouldn't hurt to hit it with compressed air and clean it (while unplugged)
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Not sure about the Tempo but my AWT micro won't run without air. So you should hook it up to air to be sure anyway.

Comments

Thanks guys I'll try it out