Gig Posters

Posters: 156388 | Bands: 135996 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Time to switch emulsion?

A-holes need not reply. HAHA. I've read the archives and really can't find anything definitive.

I have always used Ulano TZ. I love the quick exposure and detail, ease of reclaim. But NOBODY here seems to use TZ. All I read about is Proclaim, Chromaline and Murakami.

I always stick with the old adage: if it ain't broke, don't fix it but I feel like maybe I am missing out here. I expose on a Ryonet 8 bulb UV unit and have had a couple screens with extremely fine detail not burn correctly for no clear reason.

Hints, clues, advice?

Premium Member

Comments

tz is not known for being capable of high detail.

the dual cures (like Murikami Pro) have high solids/high detail, and mix in SBQ technology with diazo to hold much finer detail, with a wide exposure lattitude .

Ulano make some other emulsions that are excellent with WB inks and hold good detail. dual cure are also easy to reclaim. Doesn't ryonet sell some CCI dual cure? try a quart.

ps: you may have trouble exposing fine detail with their tube units. You won't know if it's the exposure unit until you try some emulsion rated for higher detail.

pps.:We are going to try some KIWO products at FS, they are sponsoring the demos this year in Austin. I will report back.

ppps: And yellow mesh.....it holds way better detail than white. Night and day.

Disclaimer: I'm an asshole and only answer questions to increase my social standing with the rest of you assholes.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

i've been using sattichem emulsions for years with bulbs...i use the grafic pu great with detail and exposes quick 1min 30sec

SaatiCHEM Products - Emulsions

Comments

I made the move from a lame Ulano product a while back to a better one, Ulano QT Discharge. It's super pink, thick like bubble gum and kickass. Great detail and no pinholes. Not even on 600+ long runs. And it's pretty economical as well.

Comments

I really like the Kiwo line. Poly plus s holds great detail on long runs. Plus it works for waterbase UV and solvent. Cant bash a one stop can...

Premium Member
    Comments

Kiwo Poly Plus SWR . . . though I find it's not as good on longer waterbased runs than say Ulano 925WR.

I think I will jump on the bandwagon and give Murakami Pro a whirl. I have a the biggest run of my life coming up soon, so this will be a good test. I liked using the Ulano TZ and Ulano No4 stencil remover because it was so easy to reclaim. Any suggestions on a stencil remover for the Murakami?

Premium Member

Comments

same shit. it's all the same, some just make the carrier (water) different - powder vs concentrate vs gel vs full strength liquid. we use powder you mix with water.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

I just used No.4 stencil remover and Photocure Pro with no problems.

You guys rule. Thanks again.