Gig Posters

Posters: 154331 | Bands: 134496 | Designers: 11430                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default ...those second-hand screen cleaning blues

I found a set of two 230 mesh 24x36" screens on eBay (someone bought them from a screen supply place pre-coated and exposed) for $30 shipped and got them in my hands yesterday. They may be 10 years old for all I know and I can that they were never attempted to be reclaimed. Anyhow, I use Ulano No. 4 cleaner for my screens and that didn't make a dent on these. There is a tiny bit of residual ink, so I know they were never hardened by letting reclaim chemicals dry on them. Suggestions? Other than point blank blasts from the pressure washer? I fear they may bust.

Thanks!

Premium Member

Comments

Buy new screens, or have those restretched. Don't waste your time trying to get them back to new.
    The Half and Half
    Now Selling Speedball Ink for all your East Coasters.

Comments

If they can't handle the blast from a pressure washer than you need to cut that mesh out and have them restretched if they're good straight frames. You're dreaming if you think you can get them like brand new again.

Wall darnit! I had some great luck with a bunch of old wooden screens a guy gave me a few months back. Absolutely no work got me some really great screens and I thought I'd test my luck again. The good thing is that there is a cool design on them now, so I may just hang one on the wall as an "art piece". HAHAHA!

Comments

pic or it didn't happen! :P (im courious about the design on them )