Gig Posters

Posters: 156034 | Bands: 135778 | Designers: 11528                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member
    Comments

Default which ink should i use

hey gp,
    i was going to be printing a 4 color poster and i need some help with what ink to use. i do not have a lot of money to spend on this, so i would like to keep it on the cheaper side. i saw a thread last night talking about Jacquard Inks, and someone mentioned VERSATEX INK.

I was thinking about going with the versatex ink, just because of the price, and the different shades of colors they offer. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these inks on paper.

If cheap ink is what you're after check out Dick Blick - they stock two inks I would recommend for paper, although they are marketed as textile ink. I have used both with good results on paper. One is the Blick brand textile ink, which smells a lot like Union Aerotex so I wonder if it is just rebranded. The other is Union Aerotex itself - I really like the black and the colors are nice too. Cheap. Here for Blick brand, here for Union.