Gig Posters

Posters: 156375 | Bands: 135980 | Designers: 11549                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have heard people say that they can't just sit and watch a video tutorial. I really don't get that because, either you can follow along, or their search works well enough that it gives time code for what you are looking for iirc. Using adobe and other programs that I have learned a lot from Lynda.com isn't really a blast so to speak, so I don't really care if the person doing the tutorial is dull or not. On the other hand, some of the InDesign/prepress tutorials are done by a guy doing shit that looks like it could have been done in word. On the other hand, the typography tutor for indesign is insanely good.

Also, if you are really impatient, there is a 2x speed slider. That was the other thing about that bad designer, he spoke at half speed already.

Banned
    Comments

it is not enough just to repeat the actions of the lesson...you should always try to repeat something similar under your own projects and always learn new techniques and methods of processing photos, for example.I didn't use Lynda's lessons, but I think they are not for newbies in this sphere.

Comments

I used a few. They are ok. Just hope your instructor doesn't have a annoying voice!

Thumbs up

I was looking for photoshop and web development tutorials from many days. If this site has good tutorials i'll surely use them.

Premium Member

Comments

The site has awesome tutorials - we've got a subscription at work. But sometimes it can be a little challenging finding something specific without having to go through an entire lesson of other tutorials first. If you know of something specific, a tutorial for it can almost always be found online - for the Adobe Suite anyway.