Gig Posters

Posters: 154460 | Bands: 134607 | Designers: 11442                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default Anyone every use the lynda.com online tutorials?

If so, any comments/review of them? which one's did you use?

Premium Member

Comments

I think they're great. I use them for Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign if I ever get stuck on anything.

I think of them as severance, as my company didn't change the password after they let me go.

Comments

theyre incredibly helpful. a bit boring, but one doesnt really take tutorials for the entertainment value. used them to refine my CAD skills. i would recommend them.

Comments

Yeah i use it as well...the tutorials tend to differ from one to another b/c of who is doing it. Some are more entertaining than others. But all in all very informative and worth it.

Premium Member

Comments

Hey thanks all for your reviews. Very helpful.

Comments

awesome site, really a great deal for the low price. i dont see any point in spending the extra $ for a premium account where you get access to the files used in the videos, but i guess it probly depends on what type of software you are learning....

Disagreeing from what Bahr said, I think that tutorials need to be fun and interesting to a certain degree in order to be effective. If a tutorial is boring, people would sooner click close than actually learn something, and that would defeat the purpose of the tutorial.

Comments

Holy crap. I just watched a few of the free Photoshop videos and have learned a few things that I had no idea about....there are tools that I use nearly every day that have expanded capabilities that I had no idea about. Mind = blown right now. I think I will be getting at least a couple months membership to this and taking it like a little mini-college course. Being completely self taught in Photoshop and Illustrator I knew there was a ton of stuff that I didn't know....but this has shown me that there are things that I thought I knew that I really dont know entirely.

Premium Member

Comments

It's even better when you work somewhere that will pay for your account. The college I work at has a corporate account so I can learn some new things for my job and then go home and learn some new things for my other job.

Premium Member

Comments

I've used them for learning to set up servers and other tech stuff and for that they were very good. I have not used them for any of the Adobe creative suite though based on some of these comments, I may use some down time to check those out.