Gig Posters

Posters: 154337 | Bands: 134496 | Designers: 11430                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Let me draw you a poster for free!!

Hey!

I'm currently working on building my folio and I'd like to get some more stuff 'out there'.

If you are in a band or are organising an event that needs a poster, I'd really like work on that for you completely free of charge providing the project meets a few conditions...

1 - That you intend on printing and displaying at least 20 copies of the poster in a public space (and I'd love it if you could send me a photo of the poster up somewhere.)
    2 - Let me know what you have in mind, but I'd insist on a fair bit of creative freedom.
    3 - The posters will contain my website URL.

Those aren't set in stone, we can talk about it.

I'm lookin' to do maybe, three or so projects like this so if you want to talk to me please e-mail me at dkfabris116@hotmail.com.

Cheers!! Here's some of my stuff...

Comments

I think you're selling yourself short, dude. You should be getting paid. You're worth it.
    "ENM is pure sex." - Frank Kozik
    Portfolio Photos Blog

Comments

Yep, what ENM said. You've got some good stuff. But if you want to whip up a sweet poster for me feel free. Here's the situation: some dick-nose has been repeatedly parking in my reserved spot in my apartment building's lot. I need a poster detailing how much of a fucker he is (obscene graphics are encouraged). Then I'll paste them all over this cock-goblin's car. That outta show him (don't forget to put your email on there too, for exposure) .

Premium Member

Comments

Seriously, you need to charge something for your work...doesn't even need to be money (but it should be)... I know there's numerous threads on this subject here somewhere.

Comments

Advertising your work for free is a great way to get an everlasting supply of cheap shitty clients.

Value your work appropriately and you will find clients that do too.

If you need work for your portfolio, just come up with your own briefs and do self initiated stuff.

Welcome to GP.com, enjoy your stay.

Also... what's your favourite cheese?
    "One day we'll all laugh about it as we try to warm ourselves around a barrel of burning posters, equals once more." - Crosshair

Army of Cats Design

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by El Negro Magnifico! View Post
    I think you're selling yourself short, dude. You should be getting paid. You're worth it.
    This

Premium Member

Comments

I can't wait for the cock-gobblin dick-nose poster! I may even print some of those out and put on random cars!
    But seriously: listen to ENM and these guys, you do good work. Just be patient, and work hard.
    "Don't forget to enjoy life"- Phoond

You should definitely charge (as it's been stated a few times already, your work is great and you should be compensated appropriately), doing shit for free gives a per-conceived notion for clients that artwork should be cheap and that screws all of us over. I HATE when clients approach me saying, "But this guy did artwork for me for next to nothing!".

Premium Member

Comments

I don't need any posters thanks but would you please mow my lawn for free? It will really help get your work out there.

Comments

man. I do a lotta shit on the CHEAP for friends and buds and people locally that I like but I don't fucking advertise it.