Gig Posters

Posters: 155580 | Bands: 135505 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default New, need help w/ Cincy One Arm press

Hey, not entirely new to forums, but this one isn't jiving well with me.

Just bought an older 6' Cincinnati One Arm press and am looking for a manual for it. Looked everywhere but can't seem to find one.

A little about me...

Been printing for 19 years, mostly tshirts but started off in flatwork. The shop I started off at did 40 - 60 color serigraphs for art galleries in the Pac NW, mostly simulating water colors, but also did the 3-4 color jobs too, but it's main claim was the crazy stuff that no one else would touch.

So I bought all this equipment...Cincy one arm, Violux exposure unit, Cincy flip vacuum table, drying racks, washout tank and a bunch of screens. Ready to go right? Well, I think I'm missing some screen clamps on the cincy...

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
    -Rob

You're SOL on the manual for that one; I have one of these presses myself. Never seen the manual but have all the parts for mine. When I get back to the shop tomorrow I'll take a pic of the part you're missing, but if you can't find it- you'll probably have to improvise.

I actually removed the screen clamps from mine and replaced them with the "Big gripper" that AWT makes. You can probably find a number of products/solutions for locking a screen into place on this press, whether an adjustable or static/permanent type of mount; but in any case, I think the company has gone out of business so you're likely to be up shit creek unless you find the exact part somewhere, call the person who you bought the press from and they find it, or you manage to have one fabricated (they're probably pretty simple to make).

When I have pics I'll post them in this thread- sometime tomorrow.

They're good presses, simple, easy to use, no frills; downside? No Micros, they come out of adjustment easily if you don't set it up right, and you need a few extra things to get going.

Thanks for the help. I've been back to the shop where I bought it, but it was already under 20 years of clutter when the dug it out to sell it. I've been googling the press for the past 3 days and I am pretty sure all I am missing is the clamps. All I've seen though are grainy pix but I'm optimistic. That is assuming that this is a rear clamp only press with the harness assist? If it is then I need to fab some clamps with eye-bolts too.

I don't know if I can salvage the top or not. It's got a couple of dips & dings. I was hoping that I can do a rough fill with some bondo and lay down a new sheet of 1/32" phenolic and re-drill the bed. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for the helping hand...greatly appreciated.
    -Rob

Comments

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but what do you think of that AWT Big Gripper? I've been looking around for something besides cheap-o hinge clamps to use when I finally build a vacuum table. Whats your opinion of it, and do you remember what it cost you approximately?

Quote Originally Posted by Havenpress View Post
    You're SOL on the manual for that one; I have one of these presses myself. Never seen the manual but have all the parts for mine. When I get back to the shop tomorrow I'll take a pic of the part you're missing, but if you can't find it- you'll probably have to improvise.

I actually removed the screen clamps from mine and replaced them with the "Big gripper" that AWT makes. You can probably find a number of products/solutions for locking a screen into place on this press, whether an adjustable or static/permanent type of mount; but in any case, I think the company has gone out of business so you're likely to be up shit creek unless you find the exact part somewhere, call the person who you bought the press from and they find it, or you manage to have one fabricated (they're probably pretty simple to make).

When I have pics I'll post them in this thread- sometime tomorrow.

They're good presses, simple, easy to use, no frills; downside? No Micros, they come out of adjustment easily if you don't set it up right, and you need a few extra things to get going.
    Would still like to see this in action.