Gig Posters

Posters: 156375 | Bands: 135980 | Designers: 11549                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default Ulano Proclaim exposure time

I use Ulano Proclaim (extremly long exposure latitude). I coat the mesh 120T and 100 T. I dry the screen for 90 min at 40 C (104F) and then I expose it on a 750w halogen lamp. The distance from the lamp to the screen is 30 inches and the time of exposure is 8 minutes. Dimensions of the screen are 12 inches x 40 inches.
    After exposure my coated screen is partially washed off. what is the necessary exposure time? Any advice? Thank you.

Comments

You need to do a step test or get an exposure calculator. Best 30 bucks or so you can send when dialing emulsions. When using diy style light sources you'll will have a difficult time finding reliable times and distances online and even if you find one you'll still have to dial it in on your own, since there are so many variables that can effect exposure time. If you get an exposure calculator you will avoid many headaches.

Premium Member

Comments

double your time, try that. Emulsion that comes off is usually due to underexposure.(if the emulsion is new, and your coating is thin and even)
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Thank you both - will try your advice. Thank you so much!

Check the amount of sludge you get on the squeegee side when you're washing out the screen...if it's kinda thick and there's a lot up the time until it's more slime than sludge.

If your screens are getting diazo stains after you reclaim you are underexposing the screens.