Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135336 | Designers: 11496                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Recommend printers for archival quality/largre format?

Hi, I'm looking for a printer for archival quality, large format (roughly 32"x46") prints from digital files. I guess these would be Giclee pigment ink prints. There are obviously many printing companies online, you select the paper, prep your file, etc. I have found them to range from $100-200 each for that size and depending on the paper.

My goal is to print several at the above specs and then an ongoing number of smaller versions to mat and sell. What printers do artists use for this sort of thing? Best quality and economical? I don't know much about the print world, and I can't base it on any experience yet so I'm cautious about just picking some company.

Thanks for any guidance!

Comments

Where are you? That would be useful information. I also recommend you buy your own large format printer and cut out the middle man.

Thanks for the reply, I'm in Boulder Colorado. Setting up my own operation could be an option if this thing develops, but for now I can't justify the investment of thousands of dollars plus god knows how much for ink... etc.

Thanks I already went to them and they were charging $175 each. I'm trying to see what else is out there.

Comments

Your problem is that you want to print 46" on a 44" machine LOL (lots of waste). Just get a quote for 44" instead.

Banned
    Comments

Thanks for the reply, I'm in Boulder Colorado. Setting up my own operation could be an option if this thing develops, but for now I can't justify the investment of thousands of dollars plus god knows how much for ink... etc.
    Last edited by DRG; 11-19-2011 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post
    Where are you? That would be useful information. I also recommend you buy your own large format printer and cut out the middle man.
    Yeah I agree, its a good investment if you're going to be doing a lot of printing.

Comments

I'm sure there are cheaper options, at least a bit cheaper. But at that size, true large format, you won't get wicked cheap + quality. This is definitely one of those "You get what you pay for." services.

Comments

According to me Epson 9800 UltraChrome pigment printer is the best or recommend printers for archival quality/largre format...It is known for it's print longevity,and Epson Premium Semi-matte paper.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

OEM printer