Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default projet transparency...

I ordered these 13x19 transparencies but they aren't actually clear, they have a blueish cloudy tint to them. This is the second brand I've seen that aren't clear. What is a good CLEAR inkjet transparency brand?
    These?
    13" x 19" No Stripe Inkjet Transparency Film - Inkjet Transparencies - Transparencies

Premium Member

Comments

not positive (get it, hahahah....oh OK) but I think the blue tinge is on waterproof material. I've used both types (clear and blue) and never had any problem with the blue tinged stuff.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member

Comments
    +++++ POWERSLIDE DESIGN CO. +++++ facebook +++++ aka: mike klay

I ordered my first batch from Atlas screen supply and it was super clear.
    I just ordered a batch from Victory Factory and they were cloudy, but it had little to no affect on burning the screens.

Good to know that's a waterproofing thing. It weirded me out getting cloudy films at first, too.

good info, thanks. guess I'll just try these then.

Premium Member

Comments

Just thought I'd jump in here and add what I've been dealing with. Last year I bought a 100-pack of 13x19 film and it was the non-waterproof, clear variety. I bought it from an ebay seller, I think it's made by these people:
    http://www.superjetusa.com
    Anyway, they worked great. The only drawback was that the slightest drop of water on the film would dissolve the image instantly. I tile my transparencies together for most of my prints since they are bigger than 13x19, I had no issues doing that, everything lined up pixel-perfect.
    When I ran out of those I bought a different package from fixxons.com, which were advertised as waterproof. Sure enough, these are cloudy and blueish. They print really well, and the ink looks a little denser and sharper than with the other type. Problem is, the images do not line up accurately when I tile them together. I've wasted a ton of ink and film trying to get around this but no matter what, the left side of the image prints out a good millimeter or two wider than the right (in portrait format). It's a little better when I flip one of the images 180 degrees, but they are still a little off. The only thing I can think of is that the "waterproof" material is causing some kind of distortion, and it's very frustrating. Obviously, if you're not tiling images it doesn't matter. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Kimoto Silkjet is clear as glassy sky.

Premium Member

Comments

I've visited commercial shops that use milky or almost opaque film for their positives, with no problems even on extremely fine halftones. The ones I'm using right now are some cheap, letter-sized crap from Office Depot and have some rough coating on the printing side that make them slightly opaque, but they work just fine.

As long as they print well and aren't meant for blocking UV light, you are probably in the clear (haha).

I use Fixxons positives now - very milky, sort of a blueish tint to them from some angles. Works really well, much better quality than the clear stuff I was using before. Thread

Premium Member
    Comments

Hello, The pearlish coating is for dye based ink adhesion. It has little to no affect on burning with a strong or even not so strong light sources. It is said that is water proof but in my experience that is debatable. If you dont like it look for "non-water proof transparencie film". Silk screen supply is a good source. Over all and Im a professional screen tech ( La-di-da ) that the water proof film comes out much more opaque than non water proof. Just for refernce sake Im running Epson, 2400, 4800 and a 7600 with dye based inks