Gig Posters

Posters: 155629 | Bands: 135530 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member
    Comments

Default Meter for consistant exposure

Hi,

Iím just trying to find a reasonably inexpensive meter to measure the amount of exposure that my screens are getting.

The print shop I work out of has some sort of light table, not useable for exposing screens, that measures UV exposure in terms of total light units received.

This comes in very handy since bulbs output vary over their life. It allows for the same exposure every time.

I use the halogen work light/space bag system, and have found that I have a real need to standardization of actual exposure that goes beyond simply time based.

Has anyone here used light meters, and if so what kind, and how expensive were they?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Jim Benson

Premium Member

Comments

light integrator. Olec or any lamp manufacturer make them.

start at around $500 new.

With your setup, time is the easiest way. Get a film tester/exposure calculator. use it every now and then to check your lamp is still good and time is correct
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Buy a transmission step wedge test. They're about 20 bucks and give you immediate feedback on every burn as to how much light has come through. Emulsions have so much latitude in terms of acceptable exposure that for the kinds of printing I assume you're doing, a step-wedge test will do the job of an integrator. As your bulb ages and you find your test is washing out lower and lower, adjust your exposure accordingly. You can get them from Stouffer.