Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default Budget (Sub-$500) "Rock Poster" Needed

I need a "Rock Poster" designed that will serve as a poster for my friend's wedding. I would like the poster to resemble "Fillmore" style rock posters. Not too psychedelic, though.

The poster should look like a rock show poster (not a 'flier').

I Have a clear direction in mind, and already have sketched out what I want.

- MAIN ELEMENT 1: Use the couple's name as the "Band Name"

- MAIN ELEMENT 2 is an acoustic guitar with flowers FLOWING out of the hole of the guitar. (bright red to dark red 'peonies.')

- MAIN ELEMENT 3: The third main element should be the mission spire, although it should be secondary to the guitar, perhaps in the background.

- The "Venue" will be "Great American Music Hall"

- OTHER ELEMENTS: The poster should have an 'info box' of some kind, likely along the bottom edge of the poster but I am open to ideas. The is the area where the venue, date, and other info will go. The 'Venue' is the most important part of this part of the poster, and should 'pop' a bit . It is almost as important as the 'band name' text.

- COLORS: The colors I have in mind are are rich reds, bone (off white), and black, but you can play with muted golds and browns and any other ideas at your discretion.

- COMPLEXITY/STYLE: This is a rock poster, so I want to keep things as simple and bold as possible, although it should definitely look like a piece of artwork, not a 'flier.' It can be 'vector' or photo-real, or a combination.

OTHER THOUGHTS: I will send several examples of artwork to use as inspiration.

Poster specs: CMYK, 18"x24", 300dpi, need layered files with delivery (AI, PSD)

Budget: Under $500, preferably half that, but if the artist is really good, established, and can do a great job, I can do $500.

Deadline: No more than two weeks. (10/10)

ANY IDEAS on who does this kind of work? Shoot an email to dv[at]dennyslounge.com

Hey all, I think I've found my artist. Many thanks for all your responses!

Premium Member

Comments

Good luck!

If it falls through, lemme know! ;D