Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135238 | Designers: 11484                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How do I get this off my screen? (w/image)

What chemical can I use to remove the ink staining from my screen. I've tried a de-hazer....applied on a dry screen let it sit for 10 mins and used a pressure washer, not luck. There is also some areas with small clear spots that look to be blocking the screen. Not much but I would like to get it off.

Image below:

Comments

Try letting the dehazer sit on over night and let it dry on the screen. Then rewet it using screen cleaner, scrub and power wash.

Screen cleaner = Emulsion remover? If not, what's a good screen cleaner...never used one. #noooooob

Comments

I use one that is mostly benzine, a lot of people here use Franmar products.
    Franmar- Non-Textile Screen Printing - Techniques and Demonstrations

Squeegeethree, thanks for the help. I'll be printing this weekend and when I reclaim/clean my screen I'll update the post....hopefully with no ink staining.

Comments

You may be able to just let the dehazer sit on it longer and get this clean.

*not joking - it works for me.

Comments

Yes, the magic erasure can work but it is my opinion that these ultimately do more damage to your screen than good. It's like taking sandpaper to your screen to get out a stain.

Comments

Some dehazers can eat spots in your screen (or make spots weak) if you leave them on for too long, so make sure yours isn't one of those by trying it on a wasted screen first.

Premium Member

Comments

listen to your phoondaddy.

Kiwo Pregun paste would eat a screen if left on too long, same with a few others I have used over the years.

autotype made a two part system (I think it was them) where you brush on the paste, then leave it over night - then add a liquid the next day, and bang - it worked.

I have tried 'enviro' stuff that didn't make a bit of difference on ghosts, no matter how long it was on. I've seen and heard (but never used) the franmar products do work.

So, whatever haze remover you use, read the instructions and follow them.

I use this stuff called Imagemate 750. The longer it sits, the more it takes off. But if you leave it too long, it pops the screen. I used to dehaze after every print (especially with solvent based inks) now I do it only when the ghosts get really bad.

I find cleaning the screen/ink right after printing helps keep the ghost to a minimum.

Not a big fan of 80 grit or magic eraser - anything that physically abrades the fine threads will eventually break them, or start picking up more ink/stain, or both.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.