Gig Posters

Posters: 154807 | Bands: 134861 | Designers: 11467                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default Split Fountain w/Metallics

Just realized that I don't think I've printed a split fountain combining a regular color with a metallic color. I figure that there could be some issues with the inks mixing. I plan on using a relatively low mesh - doing an edition of around 100. The screen is just a fill, not really any detail. Anyone got any advice- horror stories?

I usually put down metallic and split trans colors over it to be safe.
    This sounds interesting and risky. And by risky, I mean you should do it. Pics or it didn't happen.

Comments

I've done it a hundred times. It's fine. Mix some of the two together in a separate container and pour it in the center them add the other colors at each end. Try to make the non metallic color a similar consistency as the metallic by either adding a little water or some golden brand matte medium. The matte medium also helps with blending. If you want to see how they'll blend first Then smear a little of each color on a scrap and overlap them slightly and use a hair dryer to see exactly what it's going to look like.

Premium Member

Comments

Oh, there are always pics. Here is the sketch, I'm thinking the thorns with have the metallic split up into the text at the top. Eyefry color scheme. I hadn't thought about just laying down a complete metallic then doing a trans on top.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by taliban View Post
    I've done it a hundred times. It's fine. Mix some of the two together in a separate container and pour it in the center them add the other colors at each end. Try to make the non metallic color a similar consistency as the metallic by either adding a little water or some golden brand matte medium. The matte medium also helps with blending. If you want to see how they'll blend first Then smear a little of each color on a scrap and overlap them slightly and use a hair dryer to see exactly what it's going to look like.
    Thanks for the tips. I like the third container idea - I usually just mix on the screen.

Premium Member

Comments

I'm going to totally sound like a stupid noob for a second, but Golden Matte Medium will thicken up yr inks? This makes total sense to me, but I've never tried it...is this something that everyone does that I just didn't know about?
    I work at Landland, Mpls Our website On Facebook On this thing