Gig Posters

Posters: 156388 | Bands: 135994 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Comments

Yeah what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by vrooooom View Post
    solvent ink is awesome, but it does eat your brain.

we printed an 8'x16' plexiglass installation with it, and the shop stank for weeks. you'll also probably want to throw out your screens instead of reclaiming them; that was the real labor part of using that ink. Citrus products work ok, but it turns into strands of gunk if you try to wash out with water. Smells like those stories of workers falling into manure silos, and suffocating to death. Burns your skin! Awesome!

Looks great printed though...
    Citrus doesn't work and water really doesn't work. I have used solvent inks that smell real bad, but 9700 may smell when printing, but it dissipates pretty quick on the print. Use of a gas mask when washing the screen should cut the smell to zero if it's working. So far, I have found that I can clean my screens better when using solvent, I get haze on a regular basis from WB (probably doing it wrong), but the only time I got haze with solvent was the first time I used it and decided to be an idiot and wash it out with a pressure washer.

What ink were you using?

As an aside, I don't recall the last time I saw so much spam on a forum.

Comments

damn the sticker spam monsters are unleashed.

ink was nazdar 9700. i've basically switched to taking my screens to the dehaze step immediately after printing.

paint strippers work well!

but yeah, we tried the cleaners our supplier recommended, and on top of that, i know our emulsion wasn't right for the solvents (they seem to eat into the emulsion and trip the chemical change that emulsion remover is supposed to cause, rendering it useless)

we don't use it very often...

I understand, if I didn't use it so often, I would probably think it was a pain in the ass too. If you want a good all purpose emulsion and I do mean all purpose, you can get kiwo poly plus hwr, only like $120/gallon.

In case you do use it again and don't want to use a dehaze just to remove the ink, try kiwo cleanline ink wash. I believe that is what Andy uses/used. I use their "Ultimate" ink wash, it's oddly cheaper and seems to work well.

Comments

You can get weatherproof heavy duty Avery A4 labels,
    I use J4773, 24 per page. But your ink jet ink is not water proof,
    you'd need to put them through a laser printer for that.

----------------------------------------
    business cards gold coast
    Last edited by Zhane Canalpan; 10-06-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Comments

You can print the sticker on the machine because this is mostly depends on the sticker quality some of stickers are high quality and some of stickers are low quality but the stickers are mostly print 4 color of high quality form the machine and the machine is not only made one or two piece you can print thousands and millions from the machine....

Ya you are right. would you like to use hiqh quality sticker inks from us.... we have special marking products for machines....

I will suggest you to buy the vinyl sheets in bulk. It will save your money. If you will visit the online vinyl material providers then you will be able to get more discount. Try any. wish you best of luck.

Well I have more details about sticker printing because we offering some sticker printing and custom sticker printing services with the best rates in the market and we serve our services for 5 years. You can visit us at our online store printinggood.com and find wide variety off sticker printing.
    Last edited by davidjohnsan121; 11-07-2013 at 06:04 AM.

Well I have more details about sticker printing because we offering some sticker printing and custom sticker printing services with the best rates in the market and we serve our services for 5 years. You can visit us at our online store printinggood.com and find wide variety off sticker printing.