Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default First poster attempt - index separation 6 color print

Hey guys-

first time poster here... been lurking for a couple weeks after i stumbled upon this forum. i have to say, the content in this forum is pretty amazing. I'm a textile screenprinter of a few years and belong to a few other forums to keep up on the latest tips/tricks, etc, but this forum seems to have more knowledge and content than most. but enough kissing your respective asses.

after seeing some of the prints on here, it prompted me to throw the shirts out and try some poster printing, along with a more complex 6 spot color print. honestly, i'm not really super impressed with my results. the screen exposed perfectly. the ink prints great. (mostly speedball acrylic because its cheap and available.) the color separation in photoshop looks great, but my ability to match screen color to ink color is lacking, to say the least, and registering down to the pixel was a pain in the ass. i think i need to do a different method of color separation. i did get some 'decent' prints, but eh.

equipment: ryonet 2 color 1 station press, aluminum 200 mesh screens, wbp hybrid emulsion, speedball acrylic inks

pic here: http://www.thereisnostudio.com/bridgeprint.jpg

print was made from an old photo i'd taken when i first moved to the bay area. let me know what you think, and if you have any tips tricks for a more effective way to color separate. thanks guys!

Premium Member

Comments

Welcome freezer, I like the print except for the colors - I think you may just need to study up on color mixing (I assume you're mixing them?). other than that the print looks good. Check out crosshair's work on photographic posters, he's a real boss at sepping out those images.
    "Don't forget to enjoy life"- Phoond

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by zlandrum View Post
    Welcome freezer, I like the print except for the colors - I think you may just need to study up on color mixing (I assume you're mixing them?). other than that the print looks good. Check out crosshair's work on photographic posters, he's a real boss at sepping out those images.
    yeah just mixing. this was mainly an experiment on how the separations would actually work. the colors are fairly close to the PS separation that i did, which looked pretty great, but alas, ink is not the same. i saw some of crosshair's separations and its just mind blowing... not sure that all goes down... looks like a fair amount of PS work.

thanks for the welcome!