Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135183 | Designers: 11479                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default You're Smiling Now But We'll All Turn Into Demons

I am posting this heads up with a sigh of relief...
    I believed that one of my (2nd) hometown's most loved bands was splitting up in the event of the drummer (a real hardhitting beast - Ryan, from beyond Hadrian's Wall) moving to the big smoke and thereby limiting rehearsal/practice opportunities... Not so, they are still rolling (let's say freewheeling) and are still available for shows and still want to continue writing despite the 3 guys still based in the middle of the South Coast (Portsmouth) working on different material in the guise of a new outfit... (I'll not distract you with that stuff here).

I post this to hopefully prompt some cd/mp3 sales, bookings and, or even just, some effing "likes" (the strange currency of kudos - of which I am personally abstaining from - I don't know what a hashtweet is when it is @home either (sounds like a party snack that my friend Ian used to whitey on in our late teens)

I really hope you dig this band... bump the thread if you do, just this weekend - thanks

anyway being primarily melody stimulated I am a fan of the 4th album the most (Contact High) which saw the demons experiment with more, dare I say "pop" structured tracks... those of you with heavier tastes or more psyche may prefer the first - who knows? what I can say is that these guys belt out bong hit rock and remind me of when my friends and I were longhaired teens with tshirt tans and kerbdusted jeans with no real interest in anything unfun whatsoever...

anyway here are some reviews from people who are actually paid for their opinion, thanks for reading thus far!

NEU Magazine

Kerrang

Rock Sound

The Line Of Best Fit

Premium Member

Comments

And here is where you can listen to and buy the mp3s... check out Alpha Omega if you only have time for one track right now (and then Prismatic reflection if you got time for just one more)

cheers smilers

Premium Member

Comments

sounds pretty damn good.

Comments

I was convinced this was going to be a 'JustSayNoToDrugs' poem when I clicked on it.

Comments

They sound really really good. Remind me of Dead Meadow. I'll be buying this.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde7 View Post
    I was convinced this was going to be a 'JustSayNoToDrugs' poem when I clicked on it.
    hehe I'll level with you, that was kinda deliberate - I hope you weren't too distressed to find a big marshal Hi-Watt stack and some young axemen sweating in strange monastic gowns.

Cheers for the stab El Roacho - Can we get the boys some attention on your side of the Atlantic? - that would be straight on a plate, hot monster-steaks... or plain good as in good (not bad)

Premium Member

Comments

you too Sash - thanks!

Premium Member

Comments

Liking it.

Comments

Didn't realise you're part of ...Demons. Nice.

Premium Member

Comments

I'm certainly not a part of them, just friends... (aside from a couple of not so dynamite spit-rusted harmonica licks I am musically inept)

I've designed and printed a couple of their posters - when they supported Dead Meadow and again when they supported (and outshone i think) Wooden Shjips...

As I say, just super relieved to hear that they've not split and hoped to spark another wave of enthusiasm to prompt another string of shows and or perhaps a release - oooh they also do a mean version of "In and out of Grace" incidentally... I'll see if I can get an mp3 of it that they'd be cool sharing.