Gig Posters

Posters: 156255 | Bands: 135946 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Comments

Default Hello, chaps - noob here!

I'm at the stage where I would like to consider myself an aspiring poster artist, and wanted to show you guys what I have (since I visit this site every other day... )

With spare time being in short supply, and not knowing as many people in bands as I used to, a lot of this is simply for my own enjoyment. Nonetheless I'd like to build a portfolio over time.

This is the first poster I completed, sans gig info (nobody wants it). Ink on white paper.

And this is the sketch of the one I am working on at the moment:

Reversible, natch

With the sketch planned I have begun to resize it (the long way round). Again in ink, with some colour ink to follow in the remaining linework.

Once again, in need of a gig for the poster venues etc aren't forthcoming. That's where I'm hoping a portfolio will come in in time, and by that stage I intend to invest more time in learning to use photoshop and illustrator in order to tidy up and finish these the way I want them. I feel very comfortable with the mediums I am using.

Whilst I know there's not a huge amount here, I'd very much appreciate any input from a design point of view even at this stage.

Thank you!

Premium Member

Comments

I really like the second sketch/drawring. Keep up the good work... most everyone here is a dick, me included so please have tough skin
    "Don't forget to enjoy life"- Phoond

Premium Member

Comments

Nice intro and work... one thing I would suggest is rather than create a poster and shop it around... pick a band and design a poster for them... posters should reflect something about the band... rather than just a template with a "your band here" type deal... do some flyers for local bands for practice, the best posters are ones that symbolize the band and the music/style/attitude matches the image/type/layout...
    Don't hate me because I'm beautiful, Hate me because I'm an asshole!

Ass, Grass or Cash... No-one designs for free...

posters / Facebook / Gallery Work / Ad/Promo work / WWW.SKULLUXE.COM / Big Cartel Store

Comments

Ditto what Dan said. Killer illustration. Welcome to the site!
    "ENM is pure sex." - Frank Kozik
    Portfolio Photos Blog

Comments

Thank you guys I had prepared for the worst!

Is Dan Mr DSpring? That certainly makes sense, and definitely something I'll have a crack at

Premium Member

Comments

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding people to work with with that kind of work. Keep it up, keep it simple, keep onnnn.

Comments

Hello again, guys!

It's been a little while, and what with family life taking precedence finished projects are few and far between, but particularly in the last few weeks I feel as though I'm really motoring I have a tumblr ( Ladies pinch, whores use rouge. ) where most of my stuff ends up, but the two biggies are below:

Firstly, a couple of friends are in a band who asked me to design their EP cover, which I did gladly:

No real direction from the band, they were happy to let me do my thing. Since then I have provisionally been asked to do a poster design for an upcoming gig the guys have in the New Year - awaiting further details but I am very pleased.

Secondly, and I'm less pleased with the outcome but was very happy with the process, a personal advertorial for my own band:

There are definitely layout issues, particularly the lower half, but what was meant to be a pretty throwaway-get-the-point-across flyer was taking faaaar too long, but I'm pretty happy.

I hope I show progess!

Premium Member

Comments

Great work! Like the other guys said, keep it up!

Comments

That drummer wanted poster rules

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

yeah great hand-done work, keep that up. second sample shown def stronger than the first, nicely done. Research and reach out to bands and their management, show previous samples and if it "clicks" with them, yer in biz.