Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135238 | Designers: 11484                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default emulsion issues...

So I've got 3 screens tied up with emulsion stuck in the screens. I've tried 3 different kinds of reclaimers... I think one of the screens I left outside and assume maybe the direct sunlight in this 95-102 f weather probably is why that screen got screwed and is keeping the emulsion in. the other 2 I'm baffled on, and even called tex source to try and figure out why It's not coming out, they just sent out a sample of another reclaimer. The screens are 156s and the emulsion is a blue/green ulano, the reclaimers i've used are ulano stencil remover, easy strip one step remover (although I had the ink cleaned off before reclaiming with this one) and the chem source ER-1. I didn't let any of it sit in the screen, I sprayed them down and used a scotch-bright and scrubbed the hell out of them, sprayed with the hose, repeated the process 4-5 times. still has stuff left in it. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong is greatly appreciated.

Zach
    "Don't forget to enjoy life"- Phoond

I've been through this. All the scrubbing in the world won't get all the little Ulano 925WR (I know you are using different emulsion, 925 is not blue/green) dots out of the mesh, even if you use a dehazer - if you are shooting it with a hose.

A pressure washer solved all of my problems. If you don't have one, take the frame to a car wash that does and apply some dehazer, then hit with the car wash hose. I bet this will knock out the stuck in emulsion. Sometimes you have to get in really close, 1-3 inches away, and just blast it.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

A pressure sprayer is essential kit if you want to screenprint.
    As essential as a squeegee or a scoop coater.

If you're thinking that you can't afford $150 for a sprayer... Ask yourself if you can afford to replace ruined screens and wasted materials while trying to get by without one.

Premium Member

Comments

done and done, went out to the walmart bought a cheap one to hold me over 'till my finances are a little more better. Works really well. I knew about using one, but in the past I've been able to wash out the screen with just a hose and nozzle attachment thing. Thanks for the imput! I figured i was doing something wrong other than that. Worked great.
    "Don't forget to enjoy life"- Phoond