any one know a good way to figure out how tall a table should be for screen printing by hand, trying to set something up at home and am not sure how high to adjust the table to.
A quick way to determine proper screenprinting vacuum table height:
1. Buy 12 good beer. None of this 'light' shit, you want minimum 4.5% alcohol content. A Belgian trappist beer is an excellent choice, and economical in the long run as it will produce the desired state much quicker than most domestic beer.
2. Before commencing your testing, find a standard dining or work table. If you have a spousal unit or children, it would be a good idea to wait until they have left the house, as they may not understand the seriousness of your experiments.
3. Measure the table height from the floor. Place the beer on the table. A chair is useful during the preparation stage. Having a buddy is also a good idea, as they can help during the active part of the experiments, and record measurements. Make sure they bring their own beer.
4. Drink 6 beer in rapid succession Note: bigger people may need more, smaller people less. To determine the correct amount, you should be feeling really good, and your vision should be a bit fuzzy, verging on blurring or double. Slight dizzyness is perfect, but if you puke, you have gone too far and will have to start over the next day.
5. Once saturation levels have been reached, stand up rapidly. Bend at the waist, lowering your head slowly towards the table.
6. Have your buddy ready with a tape measure or ruler.
7. As your head slowly drops, you will feel B.I.L.E. rising in your throat. B.I.L.E. (Biological Internal Level Evaluator) is a naturally occuring substance used by screenprinters to determine a variety of factors - severity of a hangover, presence of shit (dog, cat, or human), crappy music, etc) In this case, we use its Level Evaluator properties to determine the height of your print table.
8. THIS IS CRITICAL once you feel or notice liquid and chunks attempting to exit your mouth, lift your head and upper body in 12.5 mmm (1/2") increments until the B.I.L.E. stabilizes and remains within your body.
9. Have your friend record the height above your test table. Add the two numbers together.
10. You now have the correct height to build your vacuum table. I have no idea if it will work for screenprinting, but when you pass out, you won't choke on your own vomit.