Gig Posters

Posters: 152981 | Bands: 133626 | Designers: 11367                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Question Stupid mistake....Reclaim or not?

I was about to start printing and I went to spray down my adhesive on the table. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that the spray tip was somewhat clogged up and when I went to spray some of the mist went up into my screen. I tried to wash it out right away with soap and water and then tried some degreaser, but no luck. I tried printing it anyway, but of course the print was blotchy where the ink wasn't able to pass through the screen. So, the question, is there a way to clean the screen and get the adhesive out or am i shit outta luck and have to reclaim the screen.

I know I'm a first time poster, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been lurking on the forums for a while without registering, but its times like these that I know I should've gotten on here sooner.

Premium Member

Comments

So here's the lesson I've learned painfully: Rather than waste your time, ink, paper and, uh, time... reclaim that thing and start over. Just do it.
    Shizouka!

Brg!

"I don't know shit about screenprinting and can still tell all the questions you ask are retarded." -Blonde
    I can't imagine being in this position and saying to myself "Hey! I bet the people at Gigposters will be helpful!". -Phoon

That spray stuff is pretty nasty. Consider using a water based adhesive like Tex-Tac mixed 50/50 with water. If any of that got on your screen it would just wash off..

Premium Member

Comments

so if it didn't come out with water, it is solvent based. use some paint thinnner or screenwash or lacquer thinner on a rag it will come off
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member

Comments

oh, and depending on your emulsion, the thinner may lock the emulsion in when you go to reclaim. TZ was notorious for that, i think some water resistant only emulsions react badly when you put thinners on them.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Thanks GP, I appreciate the help. I think I'm just going to have to reclaim it and start over. I don't got any thinner on hand so reclaiming seems to be the only option... Would something like nail polish remover work?
    Anyhow, thanks again folks.

Comments

Nail polish remover is basically acetone, so yeah it would probably work. The worst that could happen is that you still end up having to clean your screen.

Comments

I ended up using some screen opener. Worked just fine, but during washing the screen the emulsion on some text began to give way.
    I'm not sure if it was the screen opener or maybe i scrubbed too hard. Anyhow, i'll be reclaiming the screen, but thanks GP.