Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135325 | Designers: 11495                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: Why Xpedx?

Premium Member

Comments

Default Why Xpedx?

I'm considering my options for paper companies other than French. Though I've never had any problems ordering or printing on French Paper, I need something potentially thicker than anything they offer. Some of you recommended using Xpedx to get swatch books for a bunch of different companies. I did that. They were totally awesome. But, my question is why order through Xpedx when I can order straight from the company itself? For example, I can order paper directly from Neenah's website...so why would I need Xpedx?
    Thoughts?
    "I like my women like I like my coffee...covered in BEEEES!" - Eddie Izzard

Premium Member

Comments

I'm pretty sure the xpedx by me offers cutting of the papers. I think you can only order parent sheets directly.

Premium Member

Comments

I just noticed you are in Seattle. Kelly Paper is also a good way to go, although if you are using french, are you looking for different color paper? Not sure what kind of options they have for that but the Cougar opaque double thick cover and the black cover stock from mohawk they have is really nice.

Premium Member

Comments

I definitely need to look into Kelly Paper more. I've had them cut paper for me before, but I've never actually gone to them for paper. The closest Xpedx is in Kent...ugh. I'm actually just looking for white cover stock, so nothing special. Some of the choices I had in mind were Mohawk Loop, Neenah Environment, Neenah Classic Crest, and Mohawk Options (?). All of them seem like they have good papers, but since I've never printed on them before, I really have no idea.
    Kelly probably offers just about the same services as Xpedx, right? So I could just skip Xpedx and order through Kelly? However, I've still got the same question... why use any of those big guys when there is the option of ordering directly from Neenah, Mohawk, etc.?
    "I like my women like I like my coffee...covered in BEEEES!" - Eddie Izzard