Gig Posters

Posters: 156255 | Bands: 135958 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

I can also back up the Monoprice tablets as a good (even great) alternative to the Wacoms.

Premium Member

Comments

Bump.

I'm a lefty that uses a right handed mouse, and left hand for keyboard shortcuts/etc. Any lefties using a tablet that had to re-learn keyboard shortcuts with their right hand?
    "no one best touch my Benz or capriz, lest they want a foo in dey azz" -Merf
    "pancakes sound dope." -Peveto

"Jesus pancakes sound dope." -Peveto 2010
    "i'm dropping like mad, yo." -Jay Ryan
    "Any halftizzles up in yo shizzle? You've got moizizzle." -RichieGoodtimes
    "bdix - 5 stars" -Poguemahone
    "hail the mighty bacon." -Farley
    "them's some sweet socks" -Fruitstripe Peveto
    "not with you the force is" - Ferg

posters
    twitter
    twitter KLCTVEfusion
    facebook
    d
    ribble

Comments
    Items for Sale

if you get something fancy like a Cintiq, there are programmable buttons along both sides of the tablet (9 each side + a slidey thingy), as well as a special weird menu that can pop out of the pen tip with more customizable options. So you could conceivably eliminate keyboard shortcuts altogether. maybe.

Comments

my hubby and i have both the intuos 4 small and medium...i used to love the medium, but i've gotten really into working on the small, but that's for animation moves...the large is kinda overkill for me, and if i wanted to go big, I'd get a cintiq, because i think the benefit of drawing big is kinda weird when you are not working directly...big hand motions don't work as well for me if i'm looking at a screen and drawing on something else. medium is an amazing tool though, I've made things look very hand done using it, which is what i try to do. $02.00

Premium Member

Comments

So I've been using my 2nd-hand Wacom Intuos 3 6x8 ($112 on eBay) for a couple months now and have no complaints. I'm a designer illustrating in AI so I still use my mouse a lot to layout and pull handles, but definitely dig having it around to gesturally sketch or to lay down some quick lines for texture. I didn't compare a Monoprice when I pulled the trigger on the Intuos but would definitely recommend a used model for someone that is curious about using a tablet.

The Nexus 7 ($200 from Google) has been pretty awesome lately. I really like it on plane rides, and it looks great. I like to use it read, but not to write. I guess that would be better with a Bluetooth keyboard, but I prefer my laptop for writing, anyways.

Comments

I'm gonna try out a Cintiq tomorrow by chance. I've been all analog and love the scrtchy pull of ink tip across paper, so I don't know. It would sure save some time in draw/scan/reverse/draw/scan.. situations. I don't particularly like the idea of no original drawing, but I don't do much with mine anyway since I'm usually drawing elements that I combine in photoshop.

It's weird that the big one that has touch controls is still a monitor. Hard to not think of it as a pad. I'd be happy if the monitor ate the laptop and could move around the house and travel easily. 24" ipad that runs photoshop.

Comments

I'm debating between a Bamboo Create and a medium Intuos 5. Has anyone had a chance to compare those side by side?

Premium Member

Comments

Haven't used the Bamboo but you really can't go wrong with the Intuos and it's a professional tablet....i think the bamboo is not so much.
    "when folks stop being real, and start fucking each other like rabbits just before armageddon" ~John A

Purchase Posters-
    http://mazza.bigcartel.com/ - www.philaarts.com - www.lonestarposters.com

My Posters-
    http://www.gigposters.com/designer/31393_Jim_Mazza.html

www.mazzaart.com

Premium Member

Comments

I have a bamboo, But havent used it much. I do most work in Illustrator though and I think I need to get used to the tablet a bit more. And spend more time in photoshop.