Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135960 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Tablet Suggestions?

Hey guys. I'm just getting started with my freelance design project and I desperately need a tablet. I haven't had much exposure to one before, but from what I've heard, they're life changing. Problem is, I have no idea where to look.
    Let's say, hypothetically, that I have unlimited disposable income. What brand / series / etc / etc would I get the best bang for my buck?

I work on a MacBook running OS X Snow Leopard, if that matters.

Premium Member

Comments

Try before you buy. I know enough people that hate tablets and never use the ones given to them by their company.
    "I find it funny that this other dude is going to be quoting writings that are over two thousand years old and Robbie is going to be quoting gigposters.com." - allenboe

MrBlonde7: Ahh, arguing the finer points of semen coverage. 2007-12-05 12:11:25

Comments

wacom. wacom. wacom wacom. wacom. wacom wacom, wacom. ive used one nearly every day for 10+ years. i currently have a 9x12 intuos III, and a few smaller ones (travel sized!). even the oldest one still works great. everyone says i should look into the version where you write right on the monitor, but i just feel like my arm would get tired, plus the hand eye coordination between the tablet and the monitor is second nature to me at this point. though if wacom sold a 4x6' model that you had to crawl around on, i would buy it.

Comments

it should be noted that im an illustrator working in Photoshop, not a designer working in Illustrator.

Comments

Wacom. But i'd get it prior to heavy deadline as you will need a little time to get used to it. Have used wacom for 10 years (when I've had to work on illustrations/video) on computer. I think they have an ok priced one called BAMBOO. I haven't used a mouse in probably a decade.

Comments

definitely try before you buy. took me a year to get used to it

Premium Member

Comments

Buying a tablet's not going to make your job easier. You're going to be adjusting and trouble shooting that thing for a while. Work with what you know on your work and test out a tablet on the side.

Premium Member

Comments

Pariah consider if you really need a tablet. A tablet won't help in the creation of the artline, simply will short the time in the creation of an artline. An sometimes effects and similar are achievable just with a good use of the hand and some REAL tools like brush and china ink. However said this go for an Intuos from Wacom. I have a friend who's a comics drawer and he uses a Bamboo from the Wacom. I've heard another guy with Intuos and he said me his life is changed using it.

Buy a large size tablet!
    Fabio

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by pariah View Post
    Let's say, hypothetically, that I have unlimited disposable income. What brand / series / etc / etc would I get the best bang for my buck?

I work on a MacBook running OS X Snow Leopard, if that matters.
    One of these:
    Cintiq

Comments

I've worked on various tables for over 10 years. Wacom is by far the best choice. I had a cintiq 12ws and I ended up selling it because I kept falling back onto my old intous3. The thing is a workhorse. It's even cheaper because it's an older model. here's a link http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used

One thing to keep in mind is that once you get used to daily work on a tablet, using a mouse will frustrate the hell out of you.