Gig Posters

Posters: 154807 | Bands: 134864 | Designers: 11468                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Korn's Liquid Tusche

Anybody ever use this stuff?

I've been thinking of going really old school with stencilmaking and thought I'd get some feedback.

Premium Member
    Comments

yes but only to produce lithographs, either stone or ball grain aluminum plate. the material itself is very opaque and can be treated like ink. for photoplate litho and screen printing, tusche washes can be set on acetate but may have trouble binding, floor wax can solve that problem. tusche can be dissolve with water, or any strong solvent( mineral spirits, denatured alcohol, lithotine, acetone) all will cause varous types of retriculations(dependent on rate of evaporation). solvent tusche washes will cause the acetate to warp. for general ink style drawing i prefer ProBlack on frosted acetate.

Comments

I use Koh-i-noor Acetate Ink 3071F and some old school speed opaque (iron oxide). The speed opaque i just dump out into a soap dish and let it harden into a brick. Then a wet brush will reactivate the brick.

Comments

I've seen beautiful films made with that stuff. I've only used it on a limestone block for lithography.

Comments

Default Tusche block out

Tusche can also be painted directly onto the screen (like Speedball drawing fluid).
    Then the screen is coated with a solution of Elmer's Glue and water. The tusche
    is cleaned out with mineral spirits leaving open mesh. This was a very popular stencil making method prior to the popularity of water based inks.
    For tushce litho wash effects in screen printing I use Future floor wax (acrylic medium) with photo copier toner added and paint using water color brushes onto Artex (a textured drafting film) because of the high density of the toner it translates very well to the screen. Dry brush and wash effects work great. If your interested I can post ratios and add a photo of how these print.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by SFPrinter View Post
    Tusche can also be painted directly onto the screen (like Speedball drawing fluid).
    is cleaned out with mineral spirits leaving open mesh.
    This is the old school I was talking about.

If your interested I can post ratios and add a photo of how these print.
    Please do... I look forward to seeing your process.

Korn's Liquid Tusche in silkscreen or lithography to produce rich, dark lines and solids. Apply it with pen, brush, airbrush, or using a spatter technique.

Liquid Tusche does not reticulate to the same degree as solid tusche.

Premium Member

Comments

is cleaned out with mineral spirits leaving open mesh. This was a very popular stencil making method prior to the popularity of water based inks.
    For tushce litho wash effects in screen printing I use Future floor wax (acrylic medium) with photo copier toner added and paint using water color brushes onto Artex (a textured drafting film) because of the high density of the toner it translates very well to the screen. Dry brush and wash effects work great. If your interested I can post ratios and add a photo of how these print.
    Yes, please post. I'd like to see your process for this.

Comments

I thought their first record was OK, but I didn't really get into the later stuff..