Gig Posters

Posters: 154460 | Bands: 134614 | Designers: 11442                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Opaque ink staying tacky on posters..HELP

I've been using Matsui 301 Waterbased inks (purchased from ryonet) for a while now. The transparent inks print great, dry great, etc. When I use their opaque ink on dark paper.. it prints great, but seems to remain slightly tacky..even after staying on the drying rack for a day. It's dry to the touch, but once posters are stacked for any amount of time, the paper starts to stick together. Any ideas? Or suggestions for different poster ink? Thanks!!

Comments

Aren't those textile inks, or at least designed for textile?

Comments

Yes I think these are fabric inks that are really intended to be dried temperatures over 300.
    What mesh are you printing with? Are you trying to force them dry with a fan? If so don't do that.
    Switch ink brands, TW, Speedball, Daler-Rowney system 3

From what I read on the site/told by their employees is that it's suitable for paper/cardboard as well and supposedly will air dry if it's on paper. Otherwise, yes you're right, on fabric they say 300 degree ink temp for curing.. Like I said the transparent inks are no prob, dry quick.. it's the opaque inks. Maybe I'll give TW a try then.. I would think 24 hours on the drying rack would be enough time, wouldn't you think? Thanks for the feedback guys.

Comments

24 hours should have been enough time. Call the same people you talked to and tell them your problem. It's the only way they will learn.

Indeed. I'll get to the bottom of this yet. Or just have a shit load of extra fabric ink. Either way. Thanks man!

Premium Member

Comments

The main problem with TW is... if you google image search TW INK you get fun results
    Shizouka!

Brg!

"I don't know shit about screenprinting and can still tell all the questions you ask are retarded." -Blonde
    I can't imagine being in this position and saying to myself "Hey! I bet the people at Gigposters will be helpful!". -Phoon

haha uhh yeah I did that earlier... those twinks aren't going to help anything!

Premium Member

Comments

this is why you should search/read threads.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.