Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135967 | Designers: 11549                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Epson 3000 repair in Chicago

I was wondering if anyone knew of any service centers in Chicago that are able to repair an Epson 3000. The black printhead is 100% clogged and the color print head has 1 or 2 nozzles clogged but the color is almost working perfectly.

I have tried all of the easy remedies I found on google (windex on pads, ink purge/dump) and nothing really worked. I bought this for cheap with a ton of sealed ink cartridges, but the dude I bought it from said it has sat idle for years. I kind of figured this would happen but if I get it working its worth it, if not no big deal.

I'm not looking to dump a ton of money into repairs but I figure I'd see what my options are before this is a total lost cause.

Thanks!

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Short answer- you're f'd.

There is some dude on the internet who sells some sort of DIY cleaning kit aimed at desperate souls who have acquired dead 3000's. Don't fall for it.

What I did, and what turned out to be a great move, was ship my dead one to this dude in exchange for a rebuilt one, warrantied and all. REFURBISHED EPSON STYLUS COLOR 3000 PRINTER W/WARRANTIES BY SIGMO
    I know it's more than you want to spend probably, but exploring other open-ended repair options may lead you nowhere for not much less.
    Mine paid for itself pretty quickly, and it works perfectly 3 years later.

Comments

Thanks Dan - thats kinda what I figured, but I had to see what was out there. Thanks for the link too. I might go with that option once I get some more funds together, but I'm going to be stuck with my 1400 printer for the time being. No big deal I knew I was rolling the dice on this one. Thanks again for the info.

Comments

This is a useful link.
    http://www.jesseheap.com/EPSON%20760...ir%20Guide.pdf

You can find the replacement part online and fix it yourself.

Comments

Bad ass. Thanks for sharing the link. Saved.

Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post
    This is a useful link.
    http://www.jesseheap.com/EPSON%20760...ir%20Guide.pdf

You can find the replacement part online and fix it yourself.

Comments

Thanks for the link!

Premium Member
    Comments

have you tried the "move the printhead, heat up windex, put it on the pads, move printhead back, let sit overnight" thing? I used to do that with my 3000 . .

Try the syringe of warm water (sans needle) plugged straight into the hole in the ink cart slot, and gently squirt 5ml or so of water through it, clears the nozzles sweet as. Obviously put a heap of paper towel/rag under the printhead and off to the side so as not to fry anything at the bottom of the printer itself.

Epson printheads can be a bit temperamental and most times require a delicate and loving hand to sort this out. Canon printheads on the other hand like to be abused like a submissive fuck-slave, you can rinse the shit out of them then blow it all off with 120PSI straight from the compressor.

Comments

I'll have to see if I can get that syringe trick to work when I get some time later. Thanks!