Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135967 | Designers: 11548                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Comments

Default Anyone use Fixxons film positives?

I got a sample of this waterproof inkjet film positive from Fixxons Fixons, Waterproof Positive Film Manufacturer

I havent had a chance to try actually exposing a screen with it yet...but I have output an image on it from my Epson 1400. It came out super dark, dried quick, held fine detail nicely. Seems like it is WAY nicer than the Kimoto SC4 that I got for free and it seems almost identical to some Ulano film I've seen that works great. The price is what really has my interest though. 100 13"x19" sheets is $86. Thats a good bit cheaper than anything I've come across so far. This could either be an amazing deal, or the stuff sucks in some way I havent figured out yet....anyone have any experience with this film?

Premium Member
    Comments

I could never get good results with the SC4 film, Epson 1400 or 3000.

I've been told by my film supplier, that most of the waterproof inkjet film that companies like Kimoto and Ulano sell, are all made in the same factory in india. So, most of it is the same product, with a different name. So it's probably the same as Ulano . . just renamed.

Comments

Most of these films are made by the same 2 or 3 manufacturers then repackaged with whatever companies name needs to be on the box. Almost none of the companies selling film have anything to do with the manufacturing (well, except Chromeline they might make their film)

Comments

I guess we agree with each other on this since we both had our answers made by the same Indian manufacturer.

Comments

I had a feeling that was probably the case. Well, for $86 as opposed to $130 or so I think its worth giving it a shot.

And yeah, the SC4 is crap.

I just sent a request to order a sample. I bought a pack of 100 11x17" Kimono Silkjet waterproof films years ago and am still on the same box. I would like to see if there is a difference.

just got a box of 13 x 19 in from Fixxons last week. I'm looking to give them a shot in a few weeks but keep me posted with your results.

Comments

the cheaper film usually has a much thinner coating of whatever it is that they coat on the film to get the ink jet ink to stick to it. this is bad because with less of the coating you will get much more dot gain and the ink my dry very slow on the film or not dry completely at all.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by andydiesel View Post
    the cheaper film usually has a much thinner coating of whatever it is that they coat on the film to get the ink jet ink to stick to it. this is bad because with less of the coating you will get much more dot gain and the ink my dry very slow on the film or not dry completely at all.
    Well that would suck. I decided to order a pack of 13x19s earlier today. The sample piece I tried out was dry as soon as it finished printing. I haven't had a chance to try burning a screen with it yet though. Hopefully it doesn't suck. Will post my results for sure.

i guess the good thing is they have a 100% money back guarantee. If you're unhappy they say to ship back for a full refund so i guess it was worth a shot.