Gig Posters

Posters: 156357 | Bands: 135975 | Designers: 11549                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default identifying screen mesh count

I have an issue with a supplier - they sent me some yellow mesh frames stamped 230 but the mesh counter I have is reading around 195. Is it possible that I am not reading it right? In the past all of the mesh count numbers had matched up with my counter's output.

So here is the frame stamped "230" reading 195:

Here is frame with 230 mesh I stretched myself, reading correctly:

So, what do you think? They are saying that they checked all of their screen supply or whatever, spoke to the guy who stretched it and that the possibility of this occurring is highly unlikely. But man, those are two totally different readings.

Comments

You're right. Your supplier seems to be wrong.

Comments

You should check the mesh count in the middle of the screen. Near the edges the tension can elongate the holes giving a false reading (I'm making this up but it could be true). I've never seen a yellow 195 from my supplier.

I've gotten yellow meshes under 200 before. This reading was done in the center:

Comments

Well you can either raise a stink about it or go with these as they came. 195s are easier to print anyway and you won't sacrifice that much in the process.
    You may have paid more for them being 230s though.

I just wanted to confirm that there were no other variables that might make these still 230 mesh, even with the reading. I do find it unlikely that a large stretching house would fuck this up, so I thought it best to run this by some of you to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Maybe their mesh supplier (Saati) supplied misidentified fabric, I don't know - all I know is that mesh count is important and one should get what they ordered. These people are screwing up order after order and the bullshit is just piling up.
    Last edited by edwardo_machino; 04-11-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Comments

I doubt Saati messed up. Why don't you call your supplier and ask what's up

Yeah. I'll update thread with how this resolves.
    Last edited by edwardo_machino; 04-11-2011 at 11:18 AM.

So the supplier made good and sent some frames that read correctly, and I get to keep the 19x's. Still don't really know what happened, as they never admitted fault, but I got some free frames out of the deal so whatever.

Comments

The mesh calculator just paid for itself!