Gig Posters

Posters: 154432 | Bands: 134603 | Designers: 11438                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Emulsion thicker in the centre of screen...

Just switched to a new emulsion (Ulano Proclaim) and i've noticed that when i coat my screens the emulsion is thicker in the middle area of the screen. This means the exposure time is longer for stuff in the centre and i'm worried it's going to cause issues with the consistency of my line widths. I figured it's something to do with the tension of the mesh. It's looser in the middle so more emulsion gets in... but i'm pretty sure I didn't have this issue with my previous emulsion. This new stuff seems a bit thicker/gummier... would it help to thin it out? Any advice would be great.

Comments

Yep, sounds like the mesh tension is slack(er) in the area with a thicker coat. could just be this emulsion is more sensitive to pressure as it's a different material altogether. I would not thin it out, that would be bad. I'd buy new screens or re-tension as slack screens are going to be a pain to print with anyway.

Or, try coating a few one more time with more pressure on your coats and see if that helps.

Comments

Thanks luna. I'll try coating with more pressure and see if that helps. Tension seems ok to me (they haven't been used that much) but i'll take that into account.

Comments

Well that was more simple than i thought. Some extra pressure did the trick. Thanks again.

Comments

Haha nice! More pressure is freeeeeee.

I'm the WORST scoop coater I know, I've had that happen a few times myself. Like, recently. Cool, glad that was so easy!

Premium Member

Comments

Hold the trail in the middle and nail it. Even helps with a ghetto screen that's frame is twisted like a pretzel.
    buy my life