Gig Posters

Posters: 156255 | Bands: 135946 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: printing blues

Comments

Default printing blues

So I burned my screen on a smaller lower mesh to run my 1st color of silver flake, only to find that when i whent to position the paper for printing it was too large to properly center my image. Meaining I pushed my paper up to the hinge joints and still did not have my image centered on the paper. Was hoping to have a nice open negative space around the image. So i will have to reburn and use my larger screen to accomodate the paper size. Which means I will have to get my larger format exposure unit working properly (money that i dont want to spend) but i must trudge on. It aint easy being a screenprinter. Lots of learning

Premium Member

Comments

clay's going to need to set up a whole forum just for you

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Comments

The special printer forum

Comments

we've all been there. screenprinting is a bitter mistress.

Comments

It doesn't help that my printing space is the size of my dick. My clean out station is my bathtub faucet. And my tiny closet is my burn room. Alright, enough of the self pitty party. I will get this sucker worked out tonight or my name isnt Marty "Sweetcheeks" Johnson.

Comments

Yep, it happens. The one time it did to me I was lucky that I was printing a long and narrow print, so I somehow slid the paper between the hinges and out the back of the table.

Oh yeah, i wasted some serious ink just last week trying to print on too small of a screen. You want a screen that is atleast 3 inches bigger on each side of the image you are trying to print.

So if you buy a 25 x 36 inch frame, you can print max of 19 x 30 inch image(a nice poster or art print size). In fact the more extra space on the inside the less distorted your image will be and also the less messy, as it keeps more ink in the screen. I am a very messy printer and like having big screens even when I dont need them. I print on the second story of my house and have to walk everything to the basement, so the bigger the screen means no ink on the sides of the frames, means no ink on the walls, means a happy wife. I used to blame the ink on the walls to my wife, until my kids ratted me out.

Comments

nice

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by MearlH View Post
    So I burned my screen on a smaller lower mesh to run my 1st color of silver flake, only to find that when i whent to position the paper for printing it was too large to properly center my image. Meaining I pushed my paper up to the hinge joints and still did not have my image centered on the paper. Was hoping to have a nice open negative space around the image. So i will have to reburn and use my larger screen to accomodate the paper size. Which means I will have to get my larger format exposure unit working properly (money that i dont want to spend) but i must trudge on. It aint easy being a screenprinter. Lots of learning
    Have you considered going elsewhere to learn / print / burn screens etc?

The only thing Chicago has more of than screenprinters is Dunkin Donuts.

There was a time when I could have said mustaches but sadly it is no longer true.
    bakerprints.com | BP GP | BP twatter | BP facespace
    Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    Kyle travels through time to help people. What the fuck do you do?