Gig Posters

Posters: 155619 | Bands: 135529 | Designers: 11506                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

i'm definitely interested in how this will develop this year for sure. it seems like a lot of the folks i've talked with at the Seattle Flatstocks that i've been able to go to are sort of just there because it's the thing to do for about 20,000 people rather than "omg i'm here to see dylan!!" so, it would be cool if the lower ticket prices bring larger crowds, more bands, and a bigger array of indie-ish flatstock type poster-friendly bands. that would be rad.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

I was actually planning on skipping it this year as the sales have dwindled over the past few years but maybe it's worth one more shot if if actually starts catering to our crowd as opposed to the lowest common denominator.

Comments

i hear you. i skipped last year because it's so close to another show that i do the following weekend and middling sales weren't worth the double-time busting my ass for. in 2009 i felt like i had to work waaay hard for every dollar, like car-salesman style. from what i heard 2010 was either great or poo for everyone, super uneven for people it seemed. i'm kind of on the fence for 2011, though i love seattle and that can be such a fun and great flatstock financially. i think the line up will determine all for me, at least.

Premium Member

Comments

this may get good again. can only get better really...

Comments

This seems like nothing but good for us.

Next item to tackle: moving that goddamn reggae hippie stage from our front lawn to another part of the festival.

Comments

Sounds awesome! I might even not go again.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by RichieGoodtimes View Post
    Sounds awesome! I might even not go again.
    i'd prefer if you didn't not stay away. (reverse negative psychology)

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde7 View Post
    This seems like nothing but good for us.

Next item to tackle: moving that goddamn reggae hippie stage from our front lawn to another part of the festival.
    Yes please, We're personally pumped as hell for this year.

Comments

"The Broad Street Stage will not operate this year. A new stage will open on the North Fountain Lawn, across from the Fisher Green stage". The Broad Street Stag is the stage that KEXP sponsors each year. It may be that a similar lineup will occur at the new stage and only the location will be the major change. No matter what, this means one more stage in front of Fisher Pavilion than in the past.

"Bumbershoot will no longer use the Seattle Center's 22,000-capacity Memorial Stadium for its mainstage acts (last year: Bob Dylan, Hole, and Mary J. Blige), instead putting their biggest performers in the smaller, 14,000-person KeyArena. There will be two shows on the mainstage each day, up from one in 2010". Key Area is just steps away from Fisher Pavilion where Flatstock is held, a stark contrast to Memorial Stadium located completely on the other end of Seattle Center. This is another change that could significantly improve API artists this year. One can only hope that the Bumbershoot lineup further reflects the interest of Flatstock fans.